Late Term and Child Loss
Options

Just amazed

DH and I went to a wedding over the weekend for some friends of ours.  The people they are friends with are quite a large group and we've gotten to know them over the years even if we only see them once or twice a year.

While we were at the wedding, we ran into a couple who we've met a few times before, were never close but recognized them even if we didn't remember their names.  We found out at the wedding that even though we only told a few people in the group what happened, everyone knew (and were awesome about it at the wedding).  Anyway, this couple had heard what happened but didn't know much other than it did.  We said hi to the couple and she saw my necklace with Corbin's name on it.  She immediately showed me her foot which has a tattoo with the name Corbin on it - they were expecting and their son, also named Corbin - became an angel at 24 weeks gestation.  It's amazing how we barely knew these people and how instantly we've become close.  Further proof that you just never know a person's journey in life or why you were brought together.  We almost bailed on the wedding at the last minute because I was in a bad place but decided to go and I'm so glad we did!

In memory of Corbin Scott 10/28/11-12/3/11. Heaven got another angel the night you left this world behind Heaven got a little better the day it took you away from me Missing you tonight, see you again sometime For now I'll close my eyes and dream of heaven tonight I'll love you forever I'll like you for always Now and Forever My baby you'll be

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

corbinsmommy.blogspot.com

imageimage

Re: Just amazed

• Options
    What an amazing story.  You are so right that we never really know a person's journey in life and why we were brought together.
  • Options

Yes - what an incredible story. I got goosebumps reading that. Wow.

One of my sorority sisters lost her baby a few years ago when she was four days old. Hadn't realized until she sent me a FB message that her baby's name was also Devyn, albeit spelled differently from my Devon. It's just amazing how little things bring people together in unexpected ways. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow, that is so ironic! It really does go to show you never know someone else's journey. That is a beautiful story and I'm glad you had a good time at the wedding.
    Tim 12/30/00 Brad 4/30/02 Alex 9/29/03 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    What a nice story. I have been truly amazed by the amount of people that I know that have shared their story of losing their babies since our loss. I feel like we are a part of this secret society of loss parents.

BFP #1 12.24.07 - DD born @ 39w1d on 08.26.08
    BFP #2 08.04.11 - DD born still @ 37w3d on 03.25.12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TTC #3 since May 2012

BFP #3 12.29.12 - CP @ 4w2d on 01.02.13
    BFP #4 10.17.13 - CP @ 4w2d on 10.23.13

BFP #5 04.06.14 - MMC 05.07.14

No longer trying to conceive.

image    http://oi40.tinypic.com/15czrid.jpg     image

• Options

Wow that is pretty amazing. You just never know where life will take you, or who will come to know along the way.

These are the little moments I like to think of as "gifts" from my son. This ability to connect with people in a way I never would have otherwise. Yes, it sucks and it's tragic and I'd rather be my previously oblivious, happy self. But it DID happen. That's just the way it is. So I'll take these beautiful moments and special people I meet along the way as gifts from my son.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thank you for sharing and what a nice story!  I never knew how many people have actually had losses until I had mine.  So many close friends that I didn't meet until after their loss and they then told me once I had mine.  I don't wish a loss on anyone, but it is nice to have a support group that have been there and truly know what we are feeling.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"