Adoption

Does it cost to adopt through fostering?

So I'm pregnant with my first and I know that we def want more kids but I'm really interested in adopting as well but I don't like the idea of having to spend thousands of dollars to adopt. My friend told me about fostering to adopt but do you have to pay to get licensed or anything? Is there a website I can learn about the basics of it ?
Pregnancy Ticker Owner & Creator of www.GreatestKidsGames.com

Re: Does it cost to adopt through fostering?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • See the FAQ at the top of the board, and talk to your local childrens services dept. You'll get more details on how it works in your area.
  • Loading the player...
  • Each state is different.  In AZ it costs around $800 for your homestudy and then once you get a placement, they refund the entire amount to you.  I would check in your state for costs involved.
  • imagemommytoconnor:
    Each state is different.nbsp; In AZ it costs around 800 for your homestudy and then once you get a placement, they refund the entire amount to you.nbsp; I would check in your state for costs involved.

What agency did you go through? We did not have to pay for our home study through foster/adopt. I have not heard of paying for home study in AZ.
    Brenda & Phillip married 10/10/09 

After 6 years of failed cycles, we were blessed with our little man through adoption. 
    B born 1/3/2012. Adoption finalized 12/27/12

Back  on the IF crazy train...
    Sept 2013 - IVF #1 -  BFP, EDD 6/4/14, born 6/8/14
    Everyone welcome

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are in the licensing process other than childproofing our home and setting up a bedroom we will not have any other costs. Dh and I both work in healthcare; so we have current CPR and tb tests. And a doc that we work with did our physicals for free. Not sure of any costs associated w/adoption hoping we get to that point someday.
    Foster to adopt process started 8/2012:)
  • I used Arizona Adoption and Foster Care.  I paid them $800 to do my homestudy and once I had a placement that was with me for 60 days I rec'd the entire amount back.
  • wonderful idea. There  are so many kids who need homes before having our own kids.  Shame more people don't think out of the box like you do. :)

Also, you might look abroad too...there are lots of kids there who need a loving home.

• We had to pay about $200 for the homestudy, then the cost of the physical for my husband and our insurance covered the TB test at 100%. We also elected to pay $500 for the baby to be circumscised at the hospital. This was weird and we feel the hospital may have taken advantage of us but ultimately the price didn't matter. We were so lucky to take our son straight home from the hospital. I think the adoption tax credit will more than cover these out of pocket costs.
  • FYI--I have had the wonderful experience of both a very easy adoption and very easy pregnancy and I would take adoption any time over the pregnancy route!!
  • imagetheflanigans:
    FYI--I have had the wonderful experience of both a very easy adoption and very easy pregnancy and I would take adoption any time over the pregnancy route!!

May I ask what you mean by this?  

Little Slick
    Born 6.26.10
    Forever a Family 11.26.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"