3rd Trimester
Options

Fundal measurement big at 27 weeks, thoughts?

So we went in last week for our 27 week appt and the doctor said I was measuring big.  I am not expecting a little baby because I was 8.13 and DH was 8.2... but she scheduled us to have an u/s at 30 weeks.  Is that normal?  Will they really be able to accurately tell if the baby is big or not?  It just makes me nervous, because DH and I are going for un-medicated natural birth and I don't want to have a 10 pound baby!! (Oh and I started out pretty overweight so I have only gained 7 pounds in 7 months... so I know it's not excess weight gain.)  Any other reasons I could be measuring big? ThaNKS!!

Re: Fundal measurement big at 27 weeks, thoughts?

• Options
    Have you taken your glucose test yet. My LO is measuring in the 83 percentile, but I am dealing with GD.
    2/11 Diagnosis: DOR-AMH .62, LPD and MFI-4% Morph
    IVF #1-July 2011 7/9/11-Started Stims
    7/20/11-ER:No eggs in 4/5 follicles. Left the 5th follie intact and converted to an IUI
    8/3/11-Beta #1=BFN,
    Nov, 2011 BFP #1=m/c at 7 wks 3 days
    11/11-AMH .47, IVF #2 March 2012...or not!! Surprise BFP on 2/19. Beta #1=161. Beta #2 305 Our little miracle girl is on her way! Due Oct 29, 2012
    <a href="http://s1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb461/andersenspics/?action=view
  • Options
    yep, I took it like 3-4 weeks ago and I was all good.  maybe I just have a big uterus!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    At 25 weeks, I was measuring at 30 weeks. I have an ultrasound every 5 weeks because I am high risk. LO was measuring over a week ahead at 2.1lbs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I have measured big my whole pregnancy, but my LO is only 61st percentile as of my last u/s. Don't panic yet. Wait and see what the u/s shows. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We had our a/s and when the tech did all the measurements, she commented that LO was already measuring 10 days early.  Then at each appointment since my fundal height has always supported that.  I'm 28 weeks and LO measures at 30.  I started off overweight and I've gained 15 pounds (DANG!).  I've also had my glucose test and "passed with flying colors".  So, it could just be that you may have a big baby or the size of the baby could mean that you could deliver slightly early...
  • Options
    We had our a/s and when the tech did all the measurements, she commented that LO was already measuring 10 days early.  Then at each appointment since my fundal height has always supported that.  I'm 28 weeks and LO measures at 30.  I started off overweight and I've gained 15 pounds (DANG!).  I've also had my glucose test and "passed with flying colors".  So, it could just be that you may have a big baby or the size of the baby could mean that you could deliver slightly early...
  • Options
    I waS measuring big at 28 weeks, and by 30 weeks I was back to normal, maybe just an early growth spurt like me?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

You sound like me at 27 weeks!  At 19 weeks I measured 23 cm.  At 23 weeks I measured 29 cm, so they scheduled an ultrasound for my next appt.  At 27 weeks I measured 31 cm, and the ultrasound showed excess amniotic fluid (polyhyrdamnios) but a healthy and perfectly developing, albeit larger than expected, baby.  I do not have GD.

I was told that polyhydramnios often resolves itself and while I'd be monitored, it wasn't anything to worry about at the time.  Sure enough, my fluid levels were back to normal range within a few weeks.   

My fundal measurements continue to be larger than average but have not changed in a month.  I'm at 37 cm right now.  Even with normal fluid levels and a healthy baby, I'm just measuring big.  

TLDR:  Don't worry until they tell you there is something to worry about. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was measuring big @ 32 weeks and had an u/s @ 33 weeks and she measured perfectly on track for 33 weeks! Just wait to see what the u/s says and you can still go natural with a big baby. I'm planning on going natural and my LO has been measuring on the bigger end of average it seems.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'm measuring a couple of weeks ahead, but they also found a bit more amniotic fluid than 'normal'. You said you had your glucose test a few weeks ago?   I had one earlier in pregnancy, because I had GD last time, but then they did it again after 28 weeks, which is when they usually send women to get their glucose test. You don't develop GD until about that time in your pregnancy. 
    Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I will wait to see what the u/s tells us, hopefully everything is all good!  I did my gluclose test at 25 weeks, which is when everyone said that they normally do them... Maybe if my baby is big they will have me do it again?  Who knows!  I am trying not to worry about it at all, I would rather have a healthy, bigger baby than one that is too small.  Thanks for all the input everyone! I appreciate it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"