LGBT Parenting
Options

They aren't growing :

So I went for my CD12 check and my follicles have only grown 1mm in 2 days. Bringing my two biggest one to 11mm and my lining only 4.7 sigh The nurse said this is a common thing and that the doctor may prescribe femara or clomid. This is only my investigative cycle so hopefully we can figure out a plan. We won't meet with the dr until this cycle is over.

I also had a sono test and looks like my tubes are clear and my uterus looks good. Yay!

Anyone else have a similar experience or can offer any encouraging words?

Best of luck to everyone.
Me(30) & DW(33) Married August 19, 2011. Mommies to a beautiful pooch. TTC#1~IUI#1-Nov 30/12=BFN IUI#2-Dec 30/12 http://mommyandmum.blogspot.ca/

Re: They aren't growing :

• Options

My natural cycle is 31-32 days, and for most of the cycles I charted, I ovulated on CD 19-20.

If they brought me in on CD 12, my follicles wouldn't be very big or be growing very fast, either, because I would be nowhere near ovulation.  Because I knew this by the time I started seeing an RE (I'd been charting for almost a year and TTC with midwives for 6 months by that point), we never even started ultrasounds until at least CD 13/14 and didn't expect to see a lot of growth right away.

You mentioned that your cycles are a little big longer than average, so it would make sense that you may ovulate later than average.  If that's the case, it's not surprising that your follicles aren't growing much yet.  Late ovulation doesn't necessarily mean anything is wrong, but your RE will make a recommendation based on what happens in the next week or so.

Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for your reply ball and chain. My cycle is longer 30 to 33 days so yeah I probably do ovulate late. I haven't been charting tho. The nurse says they will see how my follicles and lining are on Tuesday CD14. If they still aren't growing, they will stop monitoring and I would meet with the dr to talk about meds. I felt a bit like a failure when I heard they didn't grow, I hope they grow a little and they keep checking.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience :
    Me(30) & DW(33) Married August 19, 2011. Mommies to a beautiful pooch. TTC#1~IUI#1-Nov 30/12=BFN IUI#2-Dec 30/12 http://mommyandmum.blogspot.ca/
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

After a year of trying at home we found out I was ovulating most cycles but my follicles were not large enough to be viable. We did a similar monitoring cycle to see what I was doing on my own.   As my cycles were very irregular even length wise, our RE decided to use meds to better control my cycle, allow me to grow more mature follicles and trigger ovulation once they were mature.

I wouldn't worry too much.  Even if on Tuesday you find out they have only grown another mm or not at all, I wouldn't stress it.   If you haven't been charting or using OPKs to chart ovulation then it's almost impossible to be sure where in your cycle you ovulate.  Your RE should work with you and find a plan that works for you. 

Best of luck!

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for the encouraging words 2moms2b!! I'm hoping that CD15 shows some progress. I have never used opks, I have only been tracking my period cycles on period tracker they are 3033 days long.

It wouldn't be the worst thing ever if I had to go one meds right!? I'm so happy to be starting our journey, wasn't expecting to have little bumps already tho.
  • Options

imagePrincessLeash:
    It wouldn't be the worst thing ever if I had to go one meds right!?

There's nothing wrong with going on meds if you need them, though you should be aware of the risks involved -- increased risk of multiples, cysts, OHSS, etc.  Your doctor should go over them with you if/when meds are prescribed.

Personally, I wouldn't consider your situation to require starting off with meds.  If you're having fairly regular 30-33 day cycles, you are likely ovulating just fine.  But I'm not an RE and I don't know your whole history and all of your test results.

Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageball.and.chain:

imagePrincessLeash:
    It wouldn't be the worst thing ever if I had to go one meds right!?

There's nothing wrong with going on meds if you need them, though you should be aware of the risks involved -- increased risk of multiples, cysts, OHSS, etc.  Your doctor should go over them with you if/when meds are prescribed.

Personally, I wouldn't consider your situation to require starting off with meds.  If you're having fairly regular 30-33 day cycles, you are likely ovulating just fine.  But I'm not an RE and I don't know your whole history and all of your test results.

This!  We only went to meds as it was necessary.  We had over a year of trying without them prior to going on them.  We did get our BFP the first medicated cycle but I did end up with mild OHSS and we are pregnant with twins.  We went into the medicated cycles fully aware of our risks and most sane woman would have probably cancelled the cycle we proceeded with (4 mature follicles).  Even with medicated cycles you only have a slightly elevated chance of getting pregnant due to the controlled timing.  Any doctor I spoke to, told us to anticipate and budget for a year as most people will not achieve pregnancy until 4 to 8 months even with medicine and monitoring.  If it wasn't for our history our RE would have asked for 3 non medicated cycles at his office prior to using medicine.  

I would have an honest conversation with your RE. I do know that some REs will allow medicated cycles even without medical reasons.  I personally would not use medicine without a need just due to the costs (most insurances don't cover the meds while they will cover aspects of the procedure or testing.) and the side effects/risks of the meds but ultimately it's a personal choice that you, your partner and your doctor should make.

Best of luck!

ETA: I just want to clarify after reading my post we couldn't be more happy with these two boys I am carrying! 

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Thank you so much ladies!! I went for monitoring this morning CD15, AND I have a dominant follicle...15mm! The nurse said it looks good and that I'm a late ovulator. So I get to go back on Thursday and see how big it got and then everyday until ovulation. Then she said they want to do a 3d ultrasound. Anyone know what that is for?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"