C-sections
Options

Birth Mark?

I have not noticed a birth mark on my son yet.  I have heard that everyone has a birth mark...but is it different for c-section babies?  Do they still have birth marks?  Just curious...thanks! :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Birth Mark?

• Options
    Not every baby has a birth mark - but most do. No it is not different. My daughter was c/s and she has a red dot by her mouth. I thought it was a scratch for the longest time then I realized the other scratches went away lol. Maybe he just doesn't have one. It's not a bad thing.
  • Options
    What? You don't think that birth marks are actually caused by birth, do you? How the baby is born has nothing to do with birth marks. They're called birth marks because they're present at birth or shortly after.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD has a "stork bite"....what the nurses called it and said it would go away, but it never did.  i'm assuming that's her birth mark
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    both my kids have birthmarks and both were c-section babies
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageskio:
    What? You don't think that birth marks are actually caused by birth, do you? How the baby is born has nothing to do with birth marks. They're called birth marks because they're present at birth or shortly after.

This.

Nope, DS1 (c/s) didn't have any birthmarks, but DS2 (VBAC) has several that he's had since birth.

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Options

imageskio:
    You don't think that birth marks are actually caused by birth, do you?

This. They start showing up when skin starts being exposed to sun more. They're concentrations of pigment in the skin. K doesn't have any on her either. I used to have a lot less when I was young. Now I have some what my dermatologist said looks like I was splattered with pains. Several more appeared after pregnancy.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"