Single Parents
Options

Naming Baby

Things might now work out between me and BF. He thinks that if we break up he should still be apart of naming the baby. I'm not so sure I agree with that. We don't like a lot of the same names to begin with and is would hate to not be with him and have to decide on a name I might not necessarily love. What are your opinions?

Re: Naming Baby

• Options
    You're 6 weeks, there is plenty of time to name the baby, and "might work out" might also not...I say give the relationship time if you're going to work on it, and don't talk names until later on/closer to May (esp. if you plan to find out boy/girl) :)
    Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options
    You should decide together, especially if he is expressing interest in being a part of the child's life. Like PP said, there is still plenty of time. Parents can go back and forth about a name for the entire pregnancy. It's not uncommon. I would strongly suggest not fostering bad vibes between you two about a name  just because your relationship might not work out. Maybe bring up the name discussion again after you find out sex of baby. I found that asking my partner what type of names he likes (biblical, masculine, classic, unique, etc) or why he liked certain names really helped us come to a mutual decision because I had a better understanding of what he was looking for. And we had to agree on two! Good luck, sweetie. Congrats on your pregnancy!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'd stick with including him in the naming process. You two are going to have to deal with each other for the rest of your lives regardless, and both be included in some pretty important decisions together, whether you're a couple or not, because you have a baby in common.

Leaving him out of the naming process is just going to start off the co-parenting relationship rocky, and make things more difficult down the road. 

• Options
    imageMamapoo:

I'd stick with including him in the naming process. You two are going to have to deal with each other for the rest of your lives regardless, and both be included in some pretty important decisions together, whether you're a couple or not, because you have a baby in common.

Leaving him out of the naming process is just going to start off the co-parenting relationship rocky, and make things more difficult down the road. 

this is exactly what I was going to say. You are going to be "involved" with each other whether you like it or not because you are having a baby together.

OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageUberBiz:
    imageMamapoo:

this is exactly what I was going to say. You are going to be "involved" with each other whether you like it or not because you are having a baby together.

Exactly. I mean, ultimately, you're the one with the final say because you get to fill out the birth certificate, but if you want to try to work it out with him you are going to have to compromise.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"