July 2012 Moms
Options

Anyone else not pumping at all?

Baby is 7 weeks and I have not pumped yet.DH has no desire to do bottles(he's too lazy/or tired). I know its possible never to pump but I wonder how realistic that is. I think I would like to sometime in the future(maybe at 3 months).

We just moved(the day LO was born actually) so I really havent had to time to read up on it and the storage guidelines). But now that the house is coming together I am going to do some research and break out the manual pump to test it out.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone else not pumping at all?

• Options
    I am not pumping and not really planning to. I was not pumping with my DS neither. If I need to give a bottle ( if I am away) I just give formula but it happens rarely.  I found pumping not fun and just don't see a need for it....
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I don't and never plan to. I'm a SAHM, and if I leave DD home alone with DH, I'm never gone for more than an hour. It's no big deal. I have no desire to pump right now.
    Mommy to N (3), J (2), and C (10 months). LO4 is due in mid-September.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I only pump if I am away from DS2 for a feeding. A few times he's spent the night at my parents house so I could sleep. So I just pump a couple times when I felt engorged.

I'll pump when I go back to work in a couple weeks, but I never pump at home just to build up a stash or anything like that. It's just annoying and time consuming. And when we give bottles we usually do half formula half breast milk. I want him to get used to a bit of formula and bottles since I know I likely won't breastfeed the whole year.

• Options

Good for you!  I planned to not pump during the first few months but I ended up doing it due to some breastfeeding issues that I had.  I now pump at least once a day to keep my supply up and I have a freezer stash that I don't really need as I'm not going back to work until next year.

If you are able to stay close to baby and aren't going back to work during the time you plan to breastfeed then there really is no need to pump.  Which means there is nothing to clean and sanitize. Food is always readily available for baby and at the perfect temperature.

Sounds great!

The only real advantage to pumping is that you can be away from baby for short periods of time.  This keeps women breastfeeding longer as they may return to work or just enjoy some outings to themselves once in a while.

• Options

I've only pumped a few times for the sole purpose of introducing a bottle.  I wanted to make sure DS would take a bottle just in case of an emergency.  SIL was unexpectedly admitted to the hospital when her DS was about three months old.  She had not given her LO a bottle, and he refused it when BIL tried while she was hospitalized.  He ended up having to take the baby to the hospital for every feeding for the couple of days she was there!   I know a situation like this is unlikely, but it worried me enough to make sure DS would accept a bottle.

ETA:  Her DS is now 8 months old, and still refuses the bottle.  He also does not STTN, and she is at a point where she would really like her DH to be able to feed him once in a while.  She wishes she had given a bottle earlier so she was not the only one who could feed him.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagelkamenko:
    I found pumping not fun..

I'm pretty sure everyone finds pumping not fun, but you have to do what you have to do. 

• Options
    LO is 10 weeks and I pump once a day after her morning feeding. I am a SAHM but like to have a freezer stash so I can leave LO. DH and I have been out to dinner, I've gone out with girlfriends, and DH has occasionally given her a bottle at night. It's really nice to be able to leave the baby and still know that she's getting breastmilk. But if you never plan on being away from LO long enough to miss a feeding then you probably don't need to worry about it. I agree it isn't fun but for me it's totally worth it!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"