Options

Lurkers time to come out!

2»

Re: Lurkers time to come out!

• Options
    imageRennan7:
    imagekateshaw99:

Hiii :)

Major lurker here... but REALLY appreciate all the posts that you guys post! :)

I am almost 36 weeks (tomorrow), and due on 10/20 with HOPEFULLY a little girl (that's what they told us at our 19 week US...but I keep hearing stories of how baby came out the opposite sex!!)... My husband and I have been married for about 8 years, and we are SUPER excited to welcome our first baby ... whether its a boy OR girl! :)

PS - I still don't know what DH stands for, even though I've been LURKING since March!!

Thanks for making us feel welcome!

DH= Dear or Darling Husband

I still haven't figured out what AW stands for in all the subject lines, and I'm too embarrassed to ask and too lazy to look it up! :) 

OMG! THANKS!!! :) PERFECT! haha :) I have no idea what AW means either! THANKS!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thanks for posting this thread.  I post now and then but am mostly a lurking FTM.  I've never introduced myself and would love to share my birth story with all of you when she comes.

I am 34 weeks and due on Halloween, I'm 37 and have been in the process of finishing my doctoral dissertation.  My goal is to finish in April 2013 and then possibly try for baby #2 before I'm 40.  I am one of the lucky ones that has a full-time work at home position with a large corporation.  It took years to establish myself in the industry to be trusted to work from home.  I will have daycare for the LO while working.  Again, lucky, the daycare is next door in the loving arms of my mother.

The posts I've read are very helpful and I continue to read them as I can and post where I can, thank you for all of the support you have provided these last few months.  

I have a work shower today, I'm actually going into the office and a personal shower tomorrow....so excited about both, and grateful for all the amazing friends I have.

FuzziBunz at Nurtured Family
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagekateshaw99:
    imageRennan7:
    imagekateshaw99:

PS - I still don't know what DH stands for, even though I've been LURKING since March!!

Thanks for making us feel welcome!

DH= Dear or Darling Husband

I still haven't figured out what AW stands for in all the subject lines, and I'm too embarrassed to ask and too lazy to look it up! :) 

OMG! THANKS!!! :) PERFECT! haha :) I have no idea what AW means either! THANKS!

you ladies are cute! Ha Ha! It's "Attention Wanted" according t the glossary. It took me awhile to figure that one out as well!)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I have been lurking on and off for the past months.  I've posted a few times and have attempted more but it seems everytime someone is screaming 'Mommy'. LOL

I'm a SAHM to 2 DDs and a DS.  Last August we moved from Kansas City to Istanbul, Turkey for DH's job.  It's a 3 year assignment with option to extend.  We truly love it here!  I'm due October 8th with another girl and our last.  It's definitely been an interesting pregnancy here and is quite different.  Since very few Expats chose to stay here to have a baby, I haven't had any pregnant friends this time around.  So just reading the posts have reminded me that I'm not crazy.  I swear I have pregnancy amnesia from #3.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Okay.. here goes. 

I am a big lurker.... partly because my work hours vary and I always seem to see posts a million hours after they are put up (and I don't reply because I don't think that anyone is going to check and see what someone else replied seven+ hours after they posted) and partly because the tri boards were so snarky I was always afraid to post anything! Even though it's the internet and I don't actually know anyone, I don't want to have anyone be mean.

I am almost 36weeks and we are expecting our first on the 21st. We are team green! Which has only been difficult to stay during the two ultrasounds we've had where we could find out. Ha ha. But now that we are about four weeks away it's gotten a lot easier. We have three dogs (one is a foster and will hopefully find her forever home soon... though I don't want to give her up) and three cats who think that anything for the baby is for them. Lol. 

And I have to say that even though I just lurk... I love reading about everyone and all the things they go through. As a FTM it's so nice to be able to find the answers to silly and not silly things on here without calling my OB every five minutes or freaking myself out overmuch.

And thanks for calling out all us lurkers! 

• Options

Thanks for posting this! I've been lurking pretty much since the beginning. My work schedule is so random that I've never been able to be super active but I love reading all the posts and now seeing all the pictures of the babies!

We are team Green, due Oct 17th with our first.  DH and I have been together 6 years, married 2 years on Oct 9th. We couldn't be more excited to be expecting. I was diagnosed with PCOS back in high school so we weren't certain how TTGP would work but 2 rounds of clomid and 1 round of clomid + metformin did the trick.  

• Options
    imageMplsMurph:

We are team Green, due Oct 17th with our first.  DH and I have been together 6 years, married 2 years on Oct 9th.  

That's our exact anniversary too!  And we've been together 7 years.  And didn't know about TTGP because DH had a varicose vein back in high school and the Dr. didn't know if he'd be able to make babies or not.  Funny how similar things can be to some people! :) 

• Options

Thanks for doing this post! I've been lurking (occasionally posting way back in the beginning) here for a while. I'm due 10/4 with DS2 (Eli Anthony) but am being induced next Thursday.  

I'm 28, a SAHM to an almost 4 y/o DS (Sawyer Allen) and live in Texas. My DH and I have been married 5 years

I love reading all the threads on this BMB, and like a lot of others, mentally post comments back but very occasionally ever actually post. I always think about posting but then talk myself out of it because the last time I posted anything was probably back in the Spring and think it would be weird for me to just start posting again out of the blue.  All you ladies are so nice and I love reading posts from you all.

I'll try coming out of lurkdom and posting more often. Can't wait to see pictures of all our LOs! Congrats to all :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

I guess I fall into that category since I lurk more than I post. I've never introed but I've been around since the beginning. I'm 38+2 weeks due with a little boy on 10/4. I'm 30 and DH is 31. This is our second baby, our DD is amazing (but who doesn't feel that way about their LO).

I can't wait for DS to be born but it's still hard to believe that it's so close.  

• Options

I confess i'm a pretty big lurker.  Mostly because I feel like I dont have much advice to offer as a FTM... Also I felt a little silly waiting this long to intro Embarrassed

So here it is im 29 yo and due to have my first son on 10/16.  However my Dr wants to start talking about induction soon since I am diabetic.  Today is going to be the last day at my job after what they've put me thru for the last nine months so I promise to try and post more Smile

• Options

I'm mostly a lurker too. I have posted and commented a few times but mostly just read.  It's silly that I am not more involved because I feel like the line "a girl on my board..." did this or this or this comes out of my mouth daily, so I feel like I'm always talking about you guys to my husband. :) 

Anyway, I am one of the very very late October Mamas, my due date is October 30th so I fear that by the time I get around to having my baby girl you ladies will all be gone by then!  But it has been nice for most of you to blaze the trail for me so I generally know what's coming up for me, so thanks!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    hi! :
    I used to post alot more in the beginning, during first tri. not sure if anyone would remember. then with work and just everyday things, it got hard to to reply. i've been lurking around more often on posts I can relate to lately.

due october 9th. its a boy. and i'm one of the lucky ones dealing with gestational diabetes and insulin. its pretty frustrating but only a few weeks left.
  • Options
    I def fall into lurker category.  I post here and there, but not consistently at all!

i'm 26, my DH is 33, this is our first....we are team green and due Oct 17th.  can't waittt!!!
  • Options

Lurker here. I'm almost 37 weeks along (tomorrow). We are having a baby boy, due October 13th. I'll probably be induced though due to mild pre-eclampsia, maybe as soon as next week! The pregnancy has had it's ups and downs, dealing with morning sickness the whole time, gestational HTN and now mild pre-e. I'm on bed rest, had to take maternity leave early. Baby is looking great on ultrasound though and very active on the monitors, which is awesome! My husband and I are so excited to meet him.

Thanks for welcoming me. I have been lurking for awhile, reading posts and never replying. I guess I just thought I didn't have anything interesting to say.  

• Options

Thanks for nudging me out of my comfort zone! I'm due Oct 20 with a little boy, this is our second (see ticker.) I'm scheduled for RCS on Oct 15 because I pushed for 3.5 hours with DD and she was stuck on my pelvis, and I dont want to go through that again! I just got put on bedrest today for high blood pressure, although no pre-e yet. I'm trying to make it to 38 or 39 weeks.

I'm 37, have an MBA, work for the federal govt, live in san diego, have been married a little over 3 years and have an australian shephard rescue mix. Hi to everyone!! 

• Options

Oh man.  Im a lurker, mostly because I'm always on my iPad and it's a pain in the butt to post!  

I introduced myself briefly a while back. And I read almost all the posts and fel like I know all your gals, I guess it's not very fair that you don't know me.

Im due 10/14 with a little girl, our first. My husband is working his way into a fire department and I'm a nanny.

I wasn't planning on posting my bit story or anything, but I do really enjoy all of your banter.  I wish it was easier to post while mobile.  

• Options
    imagecwallac:

Okay.. here goes. 

I am a big lurker.... partly because my work hours vary and I always seem to see posts a million hours after they are put up (and I don't reply because I don't think that anyone is going to check and see what someone else replied seven+ hours after they posted) and partly because the tri boards were so snarky I was always afraid to post anything! Even though it's the internet and I don't actually know anyone, I don't want to have anyone be mean.

I am almost 36weeks and we are expecting our first on the 21st. We are team green! Which has only been difficult to stay during the two ultrasounds we've had where we could find out. Ha ha. But now that we are about four weeks away it's gotten a lot easier. We have three dogs (one is a foster and will hopefully find her forever home soon... though I don't want to give her up) and three cats who think that anything for the baby is for them. Lol. 

And I have to say that even though I just lurk... I love reading about everyone and all the things they go through. As a FTM it's so nice to be able to find the answers to silly and not silly things on here without calling my OB every five minutes or freaking myself out overmuch.

And thanks for calling out all us lurkers! 

P.s.  this is another reason I don't post often, usually I'm not reading the posts until hours, or days, after they were originally posted (This being the perfect example). I either don't have anything to say that hasn't already been said or I figure no one is still checking that post.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"