Postpartum Depression

Natural cures?

Im pretty positive i suffer from depression. Im also not a fan of pills. Im really scared of side effects....but jealous of the posts that say i finally feel normal again :(

Is their a natural cure?? Herbal vitamins?

Re: Natural cures?

• There are some supplements you can take. Unfortunately I can't find my list of them right now. You do have to be careful with some of them though if you are nursing!  For me I have luckily been able to find outlets that have helped that are not meds. GL
  • My natural treatment of depression is sleep. Somehow it helps clear my mind though it is not eat to get a good sleep while we are experiencing depression. All I do is to overwork myself just to get sleep, then after I wake up, somehow I feel better and the feeling of depression is somehow treated but not totally treated.
  • Loading the player...
  • I went to my OB and she was quick to throw a prescription to zoloft at me. I took things into my own hands and I am now getting acupuncture once a week and I feel 1000x better. I also take 2000mg of krill oil and I consume a lot of protein. I have my down moments still but I feel better.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Are you seeing a therapist? That might help.
  • Im trying to avoid the pills too, so my doc told me to try taking a Vitamin D supplement everyday. She told me to try it for about two weeks and see if anything changes. 

So maybe you can try it too and see if it helps. GL! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"