C-sections

Breasts Drying Up

It has been 2 weeks since my c-section and my breasts still leak.  I have had them in a bra 24/7 for most of the past 2 weeks. They have not hurt or leaked while being in a bra.  A couple nights ago I didn't wear a bra to bed, and I just took my bra off 5 minutes ago, and each time my breasts started slowly leaking (no pain or discomfort...just leaking).  I read it takes 7-10 days for milk to dry up (we have been exclusively formula feeding since birth) and we are over 15 days.  How long did it take for your milk to dry up?  Do you think it took longer for my milk to come in, and consequently to dry up, due to the emergency c-section?  Thank You!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Breasts Drying Up

• I'm at 4 weeks Sat and still leaking
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • With dd1 I had severely low supply so I stopped bf at 10 days. I would still leak occasionally 2 months later. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Im at 19 months and mine still leak lol.  Well I have a problem with my milk duct. 

but normally it can take a while and still be normal.  Talk to your dr. about it though just to make sure. 

DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • My pain stopped after the 2 week mark but I think it was closer to 5 weeks when I could finally stop putting nursing pads in my bra.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"