C-sections

Telling LO the morning of the RCS?

We're scheduled for the RCS at noon, and don't need to be at the hospital till 10 so we were thinking we'd drop DD off at daycare before heading over to the hospital.  We're not sure if we should tell her that morning, that mommy is going to have the baby today, or if we should just wait and have my mother tell her when she picks her up at the end of the day.  We're hoping that she can come by after dinner to visit, but it all depends on how I'm doing and feeling. 

What did others do? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Telling LO the morning of the RCS?

• I had my RCS yesterday afternoon. My 3 yr old daughter went to day care and then had a sleepover with grandma. We didn't tell her I was going to have the baby as she won't come visit until today and that seemed like a long time for her to anticipate. I wanted to be in good shape when she came -- no catheter, no IV, etc. so we decided waiting 24 hrs was best. 
  • I have to have another CS as well, my DD is 2.5 yrs old, we are going to tell her the day I go in, but she will go to day care as normal, grandma will pick her up for a sleep over, and she will come see me the next day when I am feeling better and not so out of it.

• Loading the player...
  • My mom is coming to our house in the morning to stay with DD. We are going to tell her that morning what is going on and that after her nap she will get to come see us.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My kids know when my c-section is scheduled. We have a countdown. I want to tell them, NOT anyone else..........
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • imagenealbl:

My mom is coming to our house in the morning to stay with DD. We are going to tell her that morning what is going on and that after her nap she will get to come see us.

This is our plan as well.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My RCS is at 7:30 am, we need to be there at 5:30 am. DD will stay at her grandpa's the night before and we will tell her then that mommy is having the baby tomorrow and she will visit after he is born (because she will ask why she is sleeping at her grandpa's house). We'll probably have him bring her around lunch time. I want DD to be the first to see her brother.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ds#1 is 4.5 years old and we brought him to my mom's house that morning.  we told him we were going to the hospital to have the baby.

my section was at 2:30pm and my mom brought ds to the hospital to watch the c-section (there is a viewing room).  after he was born, they gave us about an hour with just the baby and then my mom and ds#1 came in to meet ds#2.

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• My c/s was scheduled for 12:30.  I spent the morning with DS, then my mom came over to watch him.  We told him we were going to the hospital so the doctor could take DD out of my tummy.  (At the time, I didn't know if I would have a successful version + induction, or c/s.  Turned out c/s.)  We told him we would see him the next day.  We had already talked a few times about how mommy and daddy would go to the hospital when it was time for DD to come out.
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"