Late Term and Child Loss
Options

Can we just skip the holidays please?

The main thing on my mind has been the holidays, our expected due date/s. There are several due dates with the triplets. My MFM thought we would make it to 31w, I said I was cooking them until 35w and then of course, when we first found out and thought it was only one, our 40w due date... November 14. So I think we are sticking with November 14.

Everyday is hard, but this would have been their first major holiday.

I work in retail, and for a specialty company that has a huge focus on the holidays. So there is no escaping it. Not to mention, all I can keep thinking of is, I should not be here. I should be at home still pregnant.

I have made it very clear that I want nothing to do with the holidays. Thanksgiving or Christmas. I don't want a tree, I don't want to decorate, I plan to sit on the couch and read or watch a non holiday movie on Thanksgiving and Christmas day. I will participate in things to satisfy my family, because it is not their fault and I will not ruin the holiday for them, I just want them to understand I am not the person I used to be and I will never be that person again. I know the boys will weigh heavy on their minds as well, but for me it is a little different.

Sorry for the long vent and I am sorry to make us all think of such a hard time of the year. Thank you for listening.

TTC #1 since 10/2010 RE consult 6/2011 PCOS (known) MFI IVF #1 w/ICSI 2/2012 BFP TRIPLETS our angels grew wings at 19.5 weeks 6.25.12 IVF #2 2/2013 Sono shows tissue Hysteroscopy needed Changing RE www.chasingstarsisbettertogether.com Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers ~~~all welcome~~~

Re: Can we just skip the holidays please?

• Options

I was due January 3, so I hear ya.

I'm already dreading Mother's Day.  It is many months away, but I think about it every single day and don't know how I'll get through it.

Baby Boy born sleeping at 20 weeks.
  • Options

Big hugs to you right now.  Corbin left this world on Dec 3rd and so we had Christmas 3 short weeks later.  We couldn't bring ourselves to say "Merry Christmas"  about the most we'd say was "Christmas".  To make matters worse with what should have been his first Christmas, my grandma almost passed away and then my cousin went into labor and gave birth on my birthday (the day after Christmas) and her daughter was about as premature as our son was so they were in the NICU for 7 days (we were in for 11).  Still not looking forward to the holidays this year.  The only holiday we had Corbin for was Thanksgiving.  Thankfully (no pun intended), we flip-flop holidays every year so this year we won't be around his family for Thanksgiving like we were last year, we'll be with my family. 

It's going to be rough, I won't lie.  All I can say is do what's best for you.  Maybe participate in family activities for a little while and then go home and just be with DH and do what you want to do.  I completely understand not decorating - I was just the opposite.  I put up our tree because Corbin was with us and it was going to be his first Christmas and he was mesmerized by the lights.  It took me a long time to take it down because I was afraid he wouldn't know which house was ours.  I'm not normally a big Christmas or decorating fan, but for his first Christmas I was going to go all out.  All I ended up getting up was the tree because a week later, he went to heaven.  Wishing you peace and love.

In memory of Corbin Scott 10/28/11-12/3/11. Heaven got another angel the night you left this world behind Heaven got a little better the day it took you away from me Missing you tonight, see you again sometime For now I'll close my eyes and dream of heaven tonight I'll love you forever I'll like you for always Now and Forever My baby you'll be

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

corbinsmommy.blogspot.com

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hear you. The Christmas season has always been my favorite time of year. Ridiculous though it may be, I remember bawling last Christmas night because we all kept talking about what this Christmas would be like and I realized that I wasn't going to be the baby in the family anymore and nothing would ever be the same. Little did I know that nothing would be different this Christmas. I don't know how I'll be. ((HUGS))

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
  • Options

Word. 

But, I feel that I have to fake it to make it this season. Primarily because I am blessed to have a three-year old and want this time of year to be amazing for her. I spent many hours daydreaming about this season as a family of four and well, that just isn't going to happen anytime soon, and it's going to be painful.

I am a mother to two daughters. Our first is a lovely and vibrant three-year old. Our second, passed away during the sixth month of pregnancy (June 2012).
  • Options
    I absolutely agree with skipping. I was just thinking last night how hard it will be and to top it off, I should have a new niece/nephew for Thanksgiving and Christmas and there is a good possibility that they will be staying in my house. I don't know how I am going to do with a newborn baby in my house at the holidays. Blah.

BFP #1 12.24.07 - DD born @ 39w1d on 08.26.08
    BFP #2 08.04.11 - DD born still @ 37w3d on 03.25.12

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TTC #3 since May 2012

BFP #3 12.29.12 - CP @ 4w2d on 01.02.13
    BFP #4 10.17.13 - CP @ 4w2d on 10.23.13

BFP #5 04.06.14 - MMC 05.07.14

No longer trying to conceive.

image    http://oi40.tinypic.com/15czrid.jpg     image

• Options
    I would LOVE to skip the holidays this year. My EDD was 12/23/12, so Christmas is going to hurt. However, we are lucky enough to have a 5 yo who has to have her Mommy involved.
  • Options
    I think I wrote this exact post last year. DS was born/died on Nov. 2. Thanksgiving sucked. I wanted to skip Christmas altogether but had to go through the motions for DD. I drank a lot that day.

It's pretty normal to feel like you are feeling. If your family/friends don't understand, too bad. This isn't about them. One thing someone told me that helped me put it into perspective was, this year doesn't have to be like last year, and next year doesn't have to be like this year. The holidays are just days, if you can just get through it you are doing enough.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thank you ladies for all of your help, support, advice and such kind words. We have so many milestones coming up including their 3 month in just a few days. This Sucks.

Much Love and big HUGS to all of you

-Shawnna

TTC #1 since 10/2010 RE consult 6/2011 PCOS (known) MFI IVF #1 w/ICSI 2/2012 BFP TRIPLETS our angels grew wings at 19.5 weeks 6.25.12 IVF #2 2/2013 Sono shows tissue Hysteroscopy needed Changing RE www.chasingstarsisbettertogether.com Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers ~~~all welcome~~~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"