Natural Birth
Options

For those who used/are planning on using Hypnobabies/birthing!!

Did you/are you planning to listen to the tracks on headphones or are you going to play it in the room during your birthing time?

I'm doing the Hypnobabies home study course and so far I really like it! Obviously,  I can't review how it works for birthing time, but if nothing else it's totally a trippy experience that I dig!

I'm delivering in the hospital and had been planning on listening to the tracks on headphones during birthing, but I read someone's review saying that it really calms the room down and makes for a peaceful environment to have it playing aloud for everyone to hear. So what are your thoughts: on headphones to block out the hospital distractions, or aloud to hopefully reduce the distractions?

Re: For those who used/are planning on using Hypnobabies/birthing!!

• Options
    I used headphones the entire time I was in the hospital and most of the time I was at home.  It did help to block out unwanted noise.  Apparently I had a very vocal neighbor, that I barely heard because of the headphones.  I did however bring the CDs along, just in case something malfunctioned or I changed my mind about the headphones.  As far setting a peaceful tone, I guess that might be an argument for playing it aloud.  I do think though that you help to set the tone.  If you are calm and relaxed people will follow your lead, that was my experience anyway!  
  • Options
    Headphones in the car, out loud (iPod speaker dock) in the hospital. I wasn't at the hospital long before DD's birth, and honestly, I don't really remember at what point my husband got it all set up, but I do remember hearing it playing in between pushes. My MW and hospital staff were very quiet and clam and respectful, but I don't know that I would attribute it to the Hypnobabies over the fact that the hospital was generally very calm and friendly (for example, there was meconium in my water and I was turned away from the door-- the pediatrician and pediatric nurses came in so quietly, I had no idea they had come in). Still, I don't think I would have liked to have the headphones in-- wouldn't have been able to hear what anyone was saying to me and would have had to mess with iPod placement and headphone cords. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Excellent! I guess I'll just plan on bringing both and seeing what I feel like at the time.
  • Options

imagekaeti_su:
    Headphones in the car, out loud (iPod speaker dock) in the hospital. I wasn't at the hospital long before DD's birth, and honestly, I don't really remember at what point my husband got it all set up, but I do remember hearing it playing in between pushes. My MW and hospital staff were very quiet and clam and respectful, but I don't know that I would attribute it to the Hypnobabies over the fact that the hospital was generally very calm and friendly (for example, there was meconium in my water and I was turned away from the door-- the pediatrician and pediatric nurses came in so quietly, I had no idea they had come in). Still, I don't think I would have liked to have the headphones in-- wouldn't have been able to hear what anyone was saying to me and would have had to mess with iPod placement and headphone cords. 

This is pretty much exactly what I did and my experience was similar.  I started early and used a mix of headphones/speaker at home, then headphones in the car, speaker dock at the hospital.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I plan on bringing and using both. Not really sure which I'll prefer during my birthing time. I think I'll be using the headphones while I'm at home with DD running around, it will block out more and help me focus. Not sure at the hospital.
  • Options

i was at home and just played the tracks on an ipod docking station, set to repeat.

i don't think i could have standed having earphones in, as i don't really care for them anyway. 

• Options

imageTarta:
    I plan on bringing and using both. Not really sure which I'll prefer during my birthing time.

This. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickersimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"