August 2011 Moms
Options

Bite.....:(

Hi ladies!

So.....does your lo bite? DS has been doing it lately and he has 2 victims at daycare .....I blame myself really because I read the Twilight series while pregnant Devil (that is suppose to be a vampire) Ok serious again... He does not do it to be mean he actually kisses this way. I am trying so hard to break this but he does not realize he is doing anything wrong because in his mind he showing love. While he bites he makes this kissing noise. Any suggestions or am I not alone?

I feel like I have THAT kid at daycare Crying

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bite.....:(

• Options
    Aww... Logan sticks his tongue out and licks to kiss people. Lately if I kiss him on the lips (would be his tongue) he bites down on my lips. It hurts pretty bad. When he has bit in the past, I would just tell him no and get up and walk away. He eventually figured out that if he bit me, I wouldn't play with him anymore. Its different with daycare I know. Surely the caregivers at your day care have delt with this before...they don't suggest anything? If not, ask your pedi...that is where he told me to just walk away from him when he does it. GL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo15Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

THAT kid totally bit my kid last week Stick out tongue

It's hard...there's not a lot you can do at this age.  I would tell him, "we don't bite our friends" when he bites (even kisses...I know it's hard, my son does it too!), and set him down if you have to (or walk away).  If he's doing it a lot in a row, maybe give him something to keep his mouth occupied - a teether, even a paci if you're not opposed, or my son's crack = a plastic baby spoon, so something like that.  Just redirect and explain, redirect and explain...

It's so normal though, and your daycare should be telling you that.  Like I said above, Clive was bitten at daycare last week...his teacher told me how sorry she was (he has a mark from it!), gave me an incident report, told me mom of the other kid would also be notified, and then said, "yeah...Clive got his toddler room initiation today =/"...and then she explained their approach - redirect and explain that we don't bite friends...honestly, as the mom on the other end (of the bitten kid), I have to say that while I hate seeing a bite mark on my son, I *know* it has to also be very hard to be the mom getting the incident report for the child doing the biting.  I think it's something that you have to cut yourself some slack on, and know that a lot of it is just luck-of-the-child whether we're raising the biter or the bitee.  Just keep trying to redirect him and explaining with words, and eventually he'll understand.  GL!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine has bruised me and cut my skin. After that I keep repeating 'we give love and gentle touches'. I'm not sure if now she is going to make out with kids rather than bite. :
  • Options
    We do alot of redirecting and saying "we are nice and no bite" I know it will get better... just sucks. He bit me today because he was excited to see me. Daycare is not concerned it is me who feel bad. :( At his other day care he got nibbled on and it does suck to get that notice... however I feel like crap now that it is MY kid who is the one doing it. :(  I know it will get better.... I hope!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"