August 2011 Moms
Options

What are your kids playing with?

My mom asked for the dreaded Xmas list for the boys...  I listed 10 things for DS1 off the top of my head.

DS2, well, he has all the hand-me-downs (clothes and toys) a kid could ever need.  So, WTH am I supposed to tell the family to get him for Xmas?   

What are your kids into?  What are you telling/preparing to tell family to get them for Xmas?

I feel like O is just playing with whatever he can get his hands on despite the fact that it may not be developmentally appropriate.  He plays with a lot of matchbox cars and balls and trains.  He has a cute little piggy bank that takes big plastic coins and the stack the rings on the post thing and the hammer the nails thing.  

Prudence
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Otis
 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: What are your kids playing with?

• Options

DS got this for his birthday - https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=vtech+helicopter

He seems to like it, especially since it has balls that go with it. He also got an airplane that is similar. I'm not a fan of either since I don't really care for noisy toys.

Do you have books that need replacing? By the time we have #2, I'm sure we'll have to replace at least half of DS's library because he loves his books so much. I always have books on the wish list.

I don't think I've been much help. If/when we're in this situation, I plan to donate extra toys.  I'm hoping I can get the grandparents to put money in a college account or maybe buy us a zoo membership or something like that so we don't end up with a bunch of stuff (especially since we move every couple of years).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

DD just noticed her stuff animals this past week-end and has been going around kissing them since then.  Other than that she plays with everything but her own toys.  

We got her a cool little circus tent from Ikea for her birthday, would O play in that?  

I'm going to get her the Vtech (I think) fridge phonics magnets for Christmas and probably a sled.  I know the sled won't work in CA, but maybe something else for the outdoors?  A Cozy Coupe or similar if you don't already have it. 

Oh, she also got a hobby horse that plays galloping and neigh-ing sounds.  Would that go over well? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Dd is obsessed with our electronics so I'm thinking about putting toy lap tops, toy iPod, and probably anything leap frog on the list. She is bored with mostly everything she has now which is a shame because she has so much. Anything Mickey is a win too.
  • Options
    Speaking of toys, do guys know if large magnet letters are sold? Dd loves putting magnets on the fridge but I'd rather it be child friendly and non choking hazard.
  • Options

DD got a ball pit for her birthday, similar to this one in structure, but it's not Cars.

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3408516

She loves climbing in and out of it, dragging other toys in there, letting balls roll down the "track," and throwing the balls all over her room.  Right now, it probably gets more use than any of her other toys.

She's also really into her Duplo Legos, we'll probably ask for another set of those for Christmas. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Books and the stand and play table.  We do not have this one but something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Laugh-Learn-Learning/dp/B00023HVKC

E loves his table!!!

Or his sit and ride toys  especially this:

https://www.amazon.com/VTech-80-106300-Vtech-Bouncing-Colors/dp/B00241LLM4

He loves this because he can bounce.

ok one more HE LOVES THIS because it plays music and he dances to it..

https://www.amazon.com/Rocktivity-Walk-Roll-Rider-Blue/dp/B0085UA7UA

Hope that helps!!!

• Options
    Dd loveS 1. Her stuffed animals.  Especially the cat I bought that looks just like our cat 2. Crayons,  she just figured them out. 3. Her play kitchen
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Jack and Liam love Racing Rody which is a bright colored horse that they can hold the ears and bounce on. It's awesome and cute. It's exercise and can be used outside and in. I highly recommend it. I'm on my phone or I would post a link.
  • Options
    G luvs cars!  I think I am going to ask for some books, potty chair, and last year mom and dad got us (as a family) a Zoo pass and that has been AWESOME!  Maybe have her pay for swim leasons or something....
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • Options

Kristin, I'm in the same boat.

DD2 will just play with whatever she gets her hands on. Her favourite right now is shredding tissue/toilet paper. I doubt my parents will want to buy her a big ol' box of Kleenex for Christmas. lol

I am thinking I will ask for snow boots. Sorry, I know that doesn't help you one bit, but maybe you can ask for shoes? That is one thing I don't like to use second hand.

How about a bowl/plate and utensil set with his name on it? 

Sorry that's all I got. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"