February 2013 Moms
Options

Baby wouldn't cooperate

Two weeks ago I went in thinking we were having the AS done.  Turns out they messed up the scheduling and the ultrasound person was out for 2 weeks.  They rescheduled me for today which was great.  Unfortunately, this baby was not going to cooperate.  Baby was all curled up in a ball and the poor tech did everything she could to get her measurements, but just couldn't do it.  Soooo, we go back again in 2 weeks to try again.  Sigh.  This doesn't bode well when the child won't cooperate even before birth.

The good news was that all of the testing from the blood work and the NT scan came back great, so we were happy to get that information. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Baby wouldn't cooperate

• Options
    Aww, sorry to hear this.  But, for what it's worth - once you really get a good ultrasound with all the shots you want, it'll be that much more satisfying.  Sending you "cooperative baby" vibes for your next attempt!
    DS born February 5, 2013

Need tips for surviving cat allergies? Check out my bio! :)

• Options
    Dang...that stinks.  I'm so afraid my baby won't cooperate either.  Hopefully yours will next time!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The tech actually told me to have a cup of coffee the morning of the next appointment in hopes he kid will be more apt to move around in there.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I was also told orange juice gets your baby moving lots too! Worked with my first :D 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

That stinks!  That was the case with our baby A.  He wouldn't uncross his legs or unfold.  They were able to give me some sugar and finally he popped up and around. 

Sending good cooperation vibes for your next appointment!!!!

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Our little one was uncooperative today too.  Glad to hear that your resutls and measurments were good.  Hope you have better luck next time.

I'm convinced our kid is going to keep it a secret until birth.

• Options
    I feel you girl. Ours was yesterday... Baby definitely didn't wanna cooperate either. Our tech didn't try very hard though. I was pretty disappointed... Yay for good test results though!! And lots and lots of good vibes and luck for the next Ultrasound!!! :) 
  • Options
    Aw, that would be disappointing.  I hope you get to find out next time!  Maybe this just means you're going to have a calm, sleepy baby :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Tickerimage
  • Options
    My tech was great. Little baby girl was in such a tight ball she had to keep jiggling my tummy. Finally she had me lay on my left side and play music on my phone. She left for 5 minutes and when she came back, baby was all spread out! I guess it just depends on the tech. I was really happy she was so nice. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"