LGBT Parenting
Options

PCP/TTC/ATP Wednesday

What's up ladies?  We already have a QOTD, but for those of you with kids, what's something funny they've done lately?
Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts

Re: PCP/TTC/ATP Wednesday

• Options

PCP - I'm working hard to take advantage of pre-baby life to get it together professionally and personally.  Step #1 is to work fewer hours and envision a future where I leave the office by 5.

TTC - Feeling better today about the BFN.  Next cycle is planned, talked to our health worker and she was lovely and explained lots without getting annoyed by my crazy questions, and have a list of LGBT friendly REs.  Next step is starting the sperm banking process, which is really just writing an email.

QOTD: My niece has learned to "draw people" on the iPad.  Which means she draws something that's half creepy smiley face, half demented T-rex.  Apparently these must all be sent to me. 

Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.

• Options

hlke, I'm sorry about the BFN. I'm happy you're feeling better about it today. BFNs suck.

PCP - There's no PCP going on at this point anymore. We need to figure out a lot of things. This means it may never happen given the December deadline. I'm having trouble with that. On the bright side, K made an appointment for us to see a counselor on Friday. I'm glad she's taking this seriously because I sure am.

ATP/QOTD - J is hilarious. A couple of pearls from earlier today:

Me: "J, do we have to change your diaper?"

J: "Yes. Poo city over here." Poo city? Seriously?

He also said dinosaurs were coming this morning. "Dinosaurs coming! Big noise outside!" He cracks me up. Big Smile 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagetdmklm:

hlke, I'm sorry about the BFN. I'm happy you're feeling better about it today. BFNs suck.

PCP - There's no PCP going on at this point anymore. We need to figure out a lot of things. This means it may never happen given the December deadline. I'm having trouble with that. On the bright side, K made an appointment for us to see a counselor on Friday. I'm glad she's taking this seriously because I sure am.

ATP/QOTD - J is hilarious. A couple of pearls from earlier today:

Me: "J, do we have to change your diaper?"

J: "Yes. Poo city over here." Poo city? Seriously?

He also said dinosaurs were coming this morning. "Dinosaurs coming! Big noise outside!" He cracks me up. Big Smile 

Thank goodness, tdm, I'm not just posting threads for myself. :)

I'm glad K made the counselor appointment and that it's a step in the right direction.  I'm sorry you guys are going through such a hard time. 

• Options
    PCP:
    • Acupuncture today, abdominal massage next week.
    • Sperm release form in the mail to the doctor to update our records at our bank.
    • I need to make a decision on health insurance changes at least a month prior to ttc.
    • I'm debating setting up an appointment with my ND and/or OBGYN.
    • Also need to start taking prenatals regularly (instead of my regular vitamins sporadically) and more vegan omega-3s in my diet.

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagehlke:

Thank goodness, tdm, I'm not just posting threads for myself. :)

Nothing wrong with an AW post here and there!  

TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Options
    imagehlke:

TTC - Feeling better today about the BFN.  Next cycle is planned, talked to our health worker and she was lovely and explained lots without getting annoyed by my crazy questions, and have a list of LGBT friendly REs.  Next step is starting the sperm banking process, which is really just writing an email.

I also wanted to express my sympathies on the big ol' BFN.  Glad you're working on the next step(s) and feeling better about it.

I have nothing going on in TTC land...

Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hlke, sorry about your bfn fingers crossed for next time.

TTC: just finished a course of femara, due to inseminate tuesday or wednesday next week. Acupuncture and yoga will happen too. Trying to relax.

IUI #1 - 10 April 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #2 - 05 May 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #3 - 05 July 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #4 - 30 August 2012 medicated and monitoredLetrozole and Ovidrel Trigger 
    IUI #5 - 27 September 2012 Letrozole 
    BFP! 9 October 2012 Betas:- 12DPO 16; 16DPO 96; 18DPO 315

Baby Alarico born on 28 June 2013!!

• Options
    imageball.and.chain:

I also wanted to express my sympathies on the big ol' BFN.  Glad you're working on the next step(s) and feeling better about it.

Nope, nothing at all.... Do you actually get a whole month off?

Honestly moving to banked sperm and the RE is a bit of a relief.  C and I are definitely the most empowered lesbians in control of our own reproductive health ever, but I'm happy to hand over the reigns to someone who does this for a living.  I don't know WHAT planet we were living on when we signed a donor contract as if we'd be doing home insemination for a year.  If we hadn't all moved to different parts of the country since we started this, maybe we could keep it up, but even then 12 BFNs before going to the RE sounds crazy.  Straight people must be able to do it because they're at least getting sex and the sperm is free.

• Options

imageclairmeij:
    Hlke, sorry about your bfn fingers crossed for next time. TTC: just finished a course of femara, due to inseminate tuesday or wednesday next week. Acupuncture and yoga will happen too. Trying to relax.

Thanks.

I forget - is this your first medicated cycle?  Fingers crossed for you.

• Options
    imagehlke:

PCP - I'm working hard to take advantage of pre-baby life to get it together professionally and personally.  Step #1 is to work fewer hours and envision a future where I leave the office by 5.

QOTD: My niece has learned to "draw people" on the iPad.  Which means she draws something that's half creepy smiley face, half demented T-rex.  Apparently these must all be sent to me. 

ugg on the BFN I am sorry errr.... shaking fist at air!!!! HUGS HUGS  

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    imagehlke:
    imageball.and.chain:

Nope, nothing at all.... Do you actually get a whole month off?

Honestly moving to banked sperm and the RE is a bit of a relief.  C and I are definitely the most empowered lesbians in control of our own reproductive health ever, but I'm happy to hand over the reigns to someone who does this for a living. I don't know WHAT planet we were living on when we signed a donor contract as if we'd be doing home inseminatio n for a year.  If we hadn't all moved to different parts of the country since we started this, maybe we could keep it up, but even then 12 BFNs before going to the RE sounds crazy.  Straight people must be able to do it because they're at least getting sex and the sperm is free.

A whole cycle, which in my case is about 32 days (so MORE than a month! Gah!).  And then I have 2 weeks of birth control pills before starting Lupron, so although I'm technically IVFing at that point, it's going to feel like more waiting.  I should be getting my period and starting the BCP next week, so the break cycle is almost over.  But egg retrieval isn't until after Halloween.

I 100% identify with the bolded stuff.  I found it SUCH a relief to hand the reins over to the RE, despite the fact that I was ALL ABOUT being low intervention with the midwives.  And at some point very early on, before I realized how stressful it all was, I think I thought I would do 12 BFNs before medicating, because that would be the threshhold for infertility stuff...HA HA HA.  What WAS I thinking?  I did make it 8 cycles, actually, which I might now think is insane.

Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

ATP: Things are status quo. This is a crazy week re: scheduling (no aftercare due to big storms, Carter having to leave early for speech eval, Back to School night...) Yesterday we each had a kid solo for several hours. I now know why parents stop at one and done. It was awesome. So much less stress, no fighting, he got to ask questions and think about things he wouldn't normally do.. We need to do that more.

funny thing:

Last night in the bath Carter yells out "Does mom's Alexis have a battery?"

Me: "Her what?"

C: "Her Alexis. You know, her car."

Me: "Honey, mom  doesn't have a Lexus. She has a Honda."

Stick out tongue 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

I cannot wait for conversations like the ones that are posted in here!  They all had me laughing.  With the drawings we have a ton of those on our fridge from our niece!

At this point, we are half way there! A little over 18 weeks to go.  I am starting to feel the strain on my body especially in my back and ribs.  I had a mini break down the other night as I couldn't get comfortable at all and hadn't slept in like 3 nights.  I think I was just over tired.  Overall I am getting my appetite back and the nausea is less and less.  The boys are growing big and falling on the high side of the growth curve right now.

Best of luck to everyone on their current cycles and to those with plans for the future.   

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Ky is being two. That is all that is going on here.

I posted my funny on TTT about Ky telling me she had a baby in her belly.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagehlke:

imageclairmeij:
    Hlke, sorry about your bfn fingers crossed for next time. TTC: just finished a course of femara, due to inseminate tuesday or wednesday next week. Acupuncture and yoga will happen too. Trying to relax.

Thanks.

Thanks a ton hlke - its my second medicated cycle.  

IUI #1 - 10 April 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #2 - 05 May 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #3 - 05 July 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #4 - 30 August 2012 medicated and monitoredLetrozole and Ovidrel Trigger 
    IUI #5 - 27 September 2012 Letrozole 
    BFP! 9 October 2012 Betas:- 12DPO 16; 16DPO 96; 18DPO 315

Baby Alarico born on 28 June 2013!!

• Options
    imageclairmeij:
    imagehlke:

imageclairmeij:

Thanks.

Thanks a ton hlke - its my second medicated cycle.  

I read your siggy and couldn't figure it out...and then I realized it's SEPTEMBER!  I need a nap.  We just did cycle 5 too, and it's been hard because we're beginning to feel like maybe this isn't going to be easy.  Hoping the meds are the trick for you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"