LGBT Parenting
Options

DW fail

AKSLDJLAKJSFLAKJSFLAKJSFLAKJSFLKJ

Background: K leaves super early for work, and most of the time she rides her bike. The house phone rang at 5:55 this a.m, and I couldn't get to it before it went to voice mail. I immediately turn on the cell and call K to make sure everything is ok. No answer - just that weird ring you get (you know, when each ring goes down half a tone) when the person is on the phone. I go downstairs and check voice mail - the call came from her cell, but there's no actual message; I just hear traffic and muffled talking. Cue freak out - I'm a deluxe awfulizer, and I really thought something had happened. I call the cell again - THREE times before she picks up. It turns out she *thought* she had forgotten her keys, but it turned out she had them. She didn't hear the phone the first few times I called.

Of course I couldn't go back to sleep. I'm obviously thrilled she's fine, but BAAAH! 

Re: DW fail

• Options
    Sorry...ugh. Nothing like a little morning panic to get your heart racing...
  • Options
    Glad everyone is alright  but I am so the same way!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ugh. Hate when that stuff happens.

A couple of weeks ago, L's called me on my cell from hers. She wasn't talking and it sounded like she was crying/sobbing. I had no idea what was going on/where she was/etc. The line disconnected and I called her back and she answered all chipper. She had pocket dialed me and the brushing against the pocket sounded like crying. Sigh.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yay for creating crises where there aren't any problems. :
    TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Options

imageKershnic:
    Yay for creating crises where there aren't any problems. :

Right?

2brides, butt-calling is an art. Smile

Brownie points for K, though - she finally scheduled the counselor (we'll go on Friday), and she got me flowers today. We also had a good conversation in the afternoon. I'm finally feeling slightly positive. 

• Options
    Yay! I'm glad she scheduled your appointment! That's a great step. I would put a smilie here but the bump eats happiness.
    TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Options

imageKershnic:
    Yay! I'm glad she scheduled your appointment! That's a great step. I would put a smilie here but the bump eats happiness.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 

• Options

I completely understand that position. Also, I love that you used "awfulizer" as we do too in my family. Such a fitting word!

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"