March 2012 Moms
Options

Formula feeders

So since DS 6 month appt. pedi wants us to make his formula extra calories. DS has only been drinking 6oz every 3 hours...but since we have to add more powder to less water, the recipe the pedi gave us only makes a 4 oz bottle, which is not enough, or a 8oz bottle which is way to much. I am wasting so much formula...and this sucks because this is not cheap!!!!!

anyone else going through this at all? how long can i keep bottle in fridge after DS drank from it, to use it for later?

I been putting formula in all his baby foods and morning oatmeal so I don't have to throw away so much.

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage

Re: Formula feeders

• Options
    We do not keep formula he drank from. You can make formula in the fridge for 24 hours, so can you make like 16oz and then give him the 6oz bottles? Also, we will use half a scope to make an oz, so one scope and a half makes 3 oz. So that's another idea. Also, we use parents choice its half the price of name brand. I supplement with formula, but it seems like we have been using more and more and it adds up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Can you make more than 4 oz at a time and just add 1 oz until he is full? That is what we did with LO when he was eating more than 4 oz. I use the Dr Browns formula mixer and make about 32 oz at a time.

TTC#1 12/09
    LO #1 3/12
    TTC#2 9/12
    BFP #2 6/14 ended in CP
    BFP #3 12/14
    DX CCAM @ 20w
    Baby girl EDD 8/22/15

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    What I meant above was, make your reciept for the formula what ever that amount maybe and then just pour it into the size of the bottles you want. What you make will be good in the fridge for 24 hours.
  • Options

imagekclg10:
    Can you make more than 4 oz at a time and just add 1 oz until he is full? That is what we did with LO when he was eating more than 4 oz. I use the Dr Browns formula mixer and make about 32 oz at a time.

I second the suggestion of using the formula mixer. You can make a pitcher in the morning for the amount you will need for the day and then split it up the way you need to for each bottle.  This worked out great for us when DS went through a growth spurt and we were trying to figure out how much he really needed with each bottle.  I still use it on the weekends to get all the formula made for the day.

• Options
    imageaeh72:

imagekclg10:

I second the suggestion of using the formula mixer. You can make a pitcher in the morning for the amount you will need for the day and then split it up the way you need to for each bottle.  This worked out great for us when DS went through a growth spurt and we were trying to figure out how much he really needed with each bottle.  I still use it on the weekends to get all the formula made for the day.

Thanks so much. I am definitely going to look into this. Because we just been making 8oz bottles, and I send all the bottles to daycare, and when I get his daily sheet, he's only drinking 4oz, 5oz, maybe 6oz...and rest goes to waste.

I am definitely going to mix whatever he needs for the day, and maybe just pour 5-6oz in bottle. He has been so fussy bottle too, he just doesn't want it anymore.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"