TTC after 35
Options

Trigger last Thursday, 4th IUI last Saturday and now more fun stuff...

So my first round of injects is finished and like my post says, we did the trigger Thursday night and IUI Saturday morning.  The first few days after the trigger, my abdomen was so sore and swollen, I was worried that maybe I was developing OHSS...that pain is finally better but my boobs are KILLING me and I guess will continue to do so for the next two weeks which is just a mean trick.  

I thought that I was finished with scheduling meds (abx for UTI and injects) etc.  I was excited to have a two week break from it all and have a chance to actually enjoy sex without making dh feel like he was a machine.  But I had no idea that I would have to do progesterone capsules vaginally three times/day for two weeks.  I understand the purpose of it and as big of a pain as it is, I wish I had been doing the supps since my first IUI.  Who knows, it may have made a difference.  Between my sore boobs and messy/waxy progesterone, sex is now the farthest thing from my mind...                  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Trigger last Thursday, 4th IUI last Saturday and now more fun stuff...

• Options

yeah - progesterone is not fun :(  but it will all be worth it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hopefully a little yuckiness now will lead to a big payoff in the near future for you!  Fingers & toes crossed
    Me 39 & suspected PCOS, DH 42. Went off BCP when we got married in 11/11, seriously TTC since 3/12.  Six cycles of clomid = BFNs.  Suspected endometriosis & HSG showed both tubes blocked.  Sept 2013 IVF 5D transfer of two perfect embryos = BFN.  Started acupuncture and taking time off to drop some pounds & get healthier before FET in April 2014.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Those things are awful!  I have been on them with both of my pregnancies.  I think they let me switch to something else, shots maybe, I somehow can't remember.  If all is a go you can ask about switching the method by which you take your progesterone.  I was on progesterone for all of 1st tri with both kids and that makes for a long 13 weeks.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"