Postpartum Depression

weaning off zoloft... ?

Has anyone here weaned off Zoloft? I tried about 5 months ago and my irritability was too bad so I went back on. I feel so ready now, especially with the weight gain, blurry and spotty vision, and stuttered speech, all which I've read are side effects, and stuff I'd never had before. Anyway, just wondering how weaning went for you, your emotions? I alternated a full pill and a half pill every other day for a week and am now doing 1/2 pill nightly. I feel good overall. Swear my vision is already better, but for the past 2 days am in tears over everything. I'm on it for PPAnxiety though, and that part I feel fine! FWIW, I've been on it for almost 2 years now and I definitely feel ready to be off, my girls are so much easier to handle now and I have a good support of friends out here now!
CP 3/07
BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
BFP 11/14

Re: weaning off zoloft... ?

• ugh, I get those in my neck! Electrical zaps is exactly how I describe it! I get them while on Zo though....more often then when not on.
    CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • I was on a high dosage for many years, I think 200mg. When I weaned off I got those zaps too! I read they are common, but they are so weird! Like I would get random twitches/zaps. I believe it lasted about a week and then disappeared. 

I am on 25mg of Zoloft along with 150mg of Wellbutrin XL. I'm hoping the zaps won't be too bad when I go off.

Sending you non-zapping vibes :)  

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • I was on 50 mg of zoloft from mar to sept. I have never had any depression or anxiety but 3 months after i had baby. It hit me all of the sudden. My doctor had me reduce my zoloft to 25mg for a week and a half then not take it at all. Tomorrow I will be off it 2 weeks, at first i had the horrible brain zaps and extremely on edge and would snap at husband for the littlest things. I read on internet to just be strong and you'll get through it and it is what I've done. I'm glad. Brain zaps went away... Thanks God. and Being on edge comes and goes but i've been managing it well. Hoping it will continue to get better. Stay strong girl. Things will get better.
  • I weaned off after DD1 was 1 years old and I too had the electrical shock/zaps...too funny that you all know what I'm talking about people looked at me like I was crazy when I would say I felt like I had electrical shocks.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"