Dads & Dads-to-be

Would You?

This was posted on one of the other boards, but can?t remember which one.  It?s about a man going through simulated child birth.  Pretty interesting.  I would want to go through it just so I could at least try and understand what my wife went through and will go through it again soon.  Would you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AdFdmE9A84

And to all you Mom lurkers out there: I know it can?t fully be the same thing as actual child birth, so please no comments about how it's not the same.  We know...

Re: Would You?

• Not for me at all.  I am glad that I am a man, and not having to deal with childbirth is among the top reasons.

I know from watching my wife go through it that it is uncomfortable and can be very painful at times.  And that is before L&D!!!

Sounds interesting, but I have the image of my wife going through it seared in my my memory.  I know her well enough to get a very good idea what it is all about.

• I wouldn't want my H to do this!  Pregnancy for me was good, the labour and delivery I'm sure will suck big time but I don't think it's something he needs to FULLY understand, he just needs to be there for me and go through his own experience, which I'm sure is also intense.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd pass as well.  First of all, my wife will not deliver, she is c-section all the way due to back issues and the fear of them worsening with the pushing.  Secondly, I know that it would in no way simulate accurately what she goes through and the money could be put to better use elsewhere, like an extra box of diapers, or taking my wife out to her favorite restaurant.
  • imageladyjenna13:

Not for me at all.  I am glad that I am a man, and not having to deal with childbirth is among the top reasons.

I wish I had a like button.  That's what my BF tells me all the time.  At least you're honest.

I think for men who are not empathetic it would be a good learning experience. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"