Natural Birth
Options

End is NOWHERE in sight!

Hey everyone!

This is mostly a rant.

I'm almost 38 weeks pregnant (baby #2) and while my due date is still 2 weeks away, I've had this feeling all pregnancy that I was going to have this baby early. I've had a ton of early labor signs, even had my midwife to my home on Friday night because of how I felt, and while I'm not dialating, my cervix is really soft. I get a ton of Braxton Hicks, and a ton of lower back pain, and baby is as far down as he can get (I've dropped). I've had increase discharge and I pee every 20 minutes. Okay, not every 20 minutes, but it FEELS like every 20 minutes.

I know he'll come when he's ready, and I by no means want an induction or c-section etc, but HOLY POO I'm just tired of the "hmmmm is today the day?" only for it to NOT be.

With my first son, I had tons of early labor "signs" but because it was my first, I had no idea what was going on. It was this huge guessing game. I walked into the hospital smiling and went "I think I'm in labor!" and the nurses all rolled their eyes at me and said "I bet your not!". I had lower back pain that was constant, but manageable, and I'd lost my plug. I ended up being 5 cms dialated. I didn't get regular, real contractions until they broke my water at 7 cms, then I shot right to 10 cms.

So what if that is happening again and I'm walking around at 5 cms? AH! This baby business makes me uber impatient. I'm so tired and uncomfortable and chasing my 2 year old around all day is exhausting. I'm just so excited to meet this little one and have my body back!

Just had to rant, I am one cranky mama!

Re: End is NOWHERE in sight!

• Options

Vent away.  I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow and have been at 3cm and 50%+ effaced for about a week.  Yesterday was the first day that I felt really ready for baby to arrive and not a single contraction.  (Though, I never had any contractions with DD until I was actually in labor, so I don't put too much stock in that.)  I'm actually feeling better than I had been over the past month, but sleeping is pretty much a joke and I'm over being at work.

I've also had a feeling that I'll go a little earlier this time (DD was born at 39w5d), but all I'd really like is to have him/her before the weekend so I don't have to do all of my housework on Saturday while still pregnant!

In any case, baby can't stay in forever.  I'm trying to enjoy the excitement and the anticipation right now.  In a short time, we'll have our babies in our arms and all of this will be a memory.  : )

TTC since 11/05...ectopic pg 4/08...early m/c 6/09...BFP 10/5/09!
    Nora B...June 15, 2010...8lbs, 8oz...Med-free birth!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2 since 7/11...cycle #3 of Clomid + IUI = BFP
    Malcolm...September 21, 2012...8lbs, 6oz...Another med-free birth!

• Options

I get it, I totally do. We actually had very similar labors where I had tons of early labor signs and walked around at 5cm for over a week! It's a total mind fcuk. Like Christmas morning is coming, but you just don't know when. The tree is up, the xmas lights are strung, its snowing, but no Santa... :) I feel like Ds finally came when I gave up control. Just succomb to the fact that baby decides when he comes and you'll be in a better place mentally. GL mama! Can't wait to read your birth story! 

Ps- can you remind me this when I'm 38+ weeks and going crazy? :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know how you feel! I want this kid here already! I am having contractions all the time. But they are sporadically occuring alllllllll day! I hate not knowing when he is going to come. I hope it's sooN!! GL MAMA!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I don't feel I have the right to complain, bc I'm only 37 weeks, but I feel you!  I had my second at 37wks 3days and that was awesome to skip almost the last 3 weeks of pregnancy.  If I go past my due date, I'll be complaining a lot on here...maybe not real life, but on here. ;)

Two boys already - ages 5 and 3...

...baby #3 is here...

• Options

You guys made me feel so much better!

I'm glad I'm not alone! Everytime I wake up I do the "am I in labor?!" check and always end up having to pee. I hate all the little signs that add up to labor, I just wish it would HAPPEN already!

Everytime I think to myself "okay, baby will come when baby is ready and I just need to relax and attempt to enjoy being so uncomfortable" but then later that day something will happen and I'll think "hmmmm should I call my midwife and see what she thinks?" and I drive myself insane. My son was born right on his due date, and because I have this gut feeling I'll go earlier and not make it to my due date, my midwife seems to think so too. I thought I'd totally know better this time around seeing as it's my second... but NOPE! Just as clueless!

I swear today I have a TON of lower back pain that won't go away and I feel so off, but I've been blaming the rain. Or trying to NOT think "hmmmm is this it?" Because I don't want to get my hopes up.

Ugh! Maybe I should serve him an eviction notice? lol

• Options
    I feel your pain.  I am so DONE being pregnant.  I just want him to come already, and I keep having all these signs that labor is coming, and then nothing.  It's so frustrating!

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"