VBAC

Chiropractic visits

For those of you seeing a chiropractor, how often do you go? I am going to start going to one soon and I want to get an idea of what has seemed to help you all. If at all possible, I'd like to go less often, but I know many chiropractors do recommend more visits in the beginning. So, just interested in your experiences. Thanks!

*also posted in 2nd tri

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Chiropractic visits

• I went mid pregnancy because of horrible headaches and I went approximately every 2 weeks. I didn't really have a choice though, the headaches were pretty debilitating.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • About once a week.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I started in my second trimester, and went weekly for awhile, but then it dropped down to monthly appointments until I got close to my due date. I think it did help lessen my sciatica - our insurance covered most of it, and I figured it was a pretty low-risk intervention overall.
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Thank you!  All of your answers sound very reasonable to me and that is what I'm looking to do, too.  I just met with a chiro that wanted 3 times a week at first, which I felt was too much for me right now.  I am going to meet with some other chiros and see what they say, too. 

• image7Lucky7:

Thank you!  All of your answers sound very reasonable to me and that is what I'm looking to do, too.  I just met with a chiro that wanted 3 times a week at first, which I felt was too much for me right now.  I am going to meet with some other chiros and see what they say, too. 

At first whenever I start going to the chiro she wants me in twice a week then once a week then it is every 2 weeks. Usually the first couple visits are pretty close to eachother. I have stopped and started going to the visit about 3 times, lol. 

• Thanks ladies.  I am mainly going to the chiropractor to help prepare my body for VBAC (fingers crossed).... do you all feel like this really helps?  Also, I called and made an appointment today and had the choice of going with the traditional doctor or the "gentle touch" doctor.  I chose the gentle touch for my first visit.  Any input on which is better? 
  • image7Lucky7:
    Thanks ladies.  I am mainly going to the chiropractor to help prepare my body for VBAC (fingers crossed).... do you all feel like this really helps?  Also, I called and made an appointment today and had the choice of going with the traditional doctor or the "gentle touch" doctor.  I chose the gentle touch for my first visit.  Any input on which is better? 

I have no idea what a gentle touch chiro is but I would assume it is not the quick adjustments that most chiros do, which is what I have had. My chiropractor dealt with a lot of pregnant women so I trusted her though. Even though it is a gentle touch I would make sure they have experience with pregnant women.

I will be visiting a chiropractor to help make sure everything is lined up plus it really did help me feel better throughout my pregnancy with DS. I haven't seen any research stating whether or not chiropractor visits help VBACing but I figure it cannot hurt anything.
  • My insurance only covered 12 appointments, so I didn't start going until around 32weeks. I went twice a week in the begining, then just once a week.  Initially, it was really helpful.  By 37 weeks, she was sitting on my sciatic and there was really nothing the chiro could do to help me.
  • I'm going once a month now that my pain has gone. We only have two chiropractors in the country so all the pregnant women that I know have been to him :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"