Two Under 2
Options

Introducing new baby

Hi there I will be having my second baby in the next week or so and i was just wondering how you ladies help introduce the new baby to your little ones at home. I want to make the move from one to two as smooth as i can and am looking for advise on what i can except and what i should do to help my DS at home get use to the idea of a new baby coming. I have already started to set up some of the baby items in the house again like the swing and bassinet so he knows they are for the baby. and i have started to get a few little prises for him like stickers and play-do for him once the new one arrives but i am not sure if there is more i can do to help.

Re: Introducing new baby

• Options
    imagehocus:

According to your ticker you older child is 1. Is that right? At one there isn't really much you can do. Go a head and get stuff out if you want. To me I'd focus more on logistics. Do you have a safe place for your toddler to play if you need to step into another room with the baby? Where can the baby be if you're with your toddler? We used to have the baby in a bassinet on the table since that was too high for my toddler to get at.

Otherwise you can have some "special toys" that use for distraction while feeding or rocking the baby but we didn't really bother with that.

This. We brought DD2 over for DD1 to meet when we came home from the NICU, but she didn't really get it and I'm totally ok with that. It makes things easier, really. Later that evening, DD1 reached out to touch DD2. Now she routinely will come over to whoever is holding her so she can touch and kiss DD2. She touches/kisses once or twice then goes off to play. We make sure to guide her touches and kisses, though.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"