Health & Exercise

Please Don't Let Me Repeat...

I just had a BFP this week and it's horrible to say but right after the emotions of shock and happiness I felt terror at gaining weight again. With my first pregnancy I endulged just about every craving and whim and paid dearly gaining nearly 70 pounds. I've been desprately trying to lose this weight and have dropped about 40 pounds and was stuck in a rut when I saw the BFP on Monday.

I really don't want to gain anything, since I still have so much to lose (on top of that 30 I have remaining I could have dropped another 30 to be to ideal weight). My OB never made a comment on how much I gained and a lot of it was water weight that fell right off. I will have to have a RCS; so I guess what I'm asking for are tips to keep my weight gain down without starving/harming LO? Any tips are welcomed and appreciated-thank you so much!

Re: Please Don't Let Me Repeat...

• I feel your pain.  I don't want another for probably 4 more years because I've worked so hard on my body to get it back after gaining 76lbs when pregnant.  I think as long as you eat right and continue with some sort of exercise even if it's walking, you are doing the best you can.  For me I retained 40lbs of water so there was no helping that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This is my first, but have worked really hard to get really fit the last year for races and to be ready for this pregnancy, but am freaking out about gaining weight and my friends are scaring me by telling me how you never lose it and never have time to workout after the birth etc.

I actually just posted a long thread about letting go of control. I am such a control freak and it scares me that I will no longer be able to control what my body looks like! Plus I am SUPER bloated this past week and feel like a complete flabby pig.

Water retention sucks. So do the enormo boobs, 

BFP 9/1/12, EDD 5/11/13; heartbeat 9/24/12, heartbeat gone 10/2/12; D&E 10/5/12 Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageToughMudderX2:

This is my first, but have worked really hard to get really fit the last year for races and to be ready for this pregnancy, but am freaking out about gaining weight and my friends are scaring me by telling me how you never lose it and never have time to workout after the birth etc.

I actually just posted a long thread about letting go of control. I am such a control freak and it scares me that I will no longer be able to control what my body looks like! Plus I am SUPER bloated this past week and feel like a complete flabby pig.

Water retention sucks. So do the enormo boobs, 

I have to agree with this-I have had the hardest time finding time. I am hoping when it cools off a bit I can take LO on walks daily (Florida summer is just too hot and LO seems to be a sweaty baby to start with), but I do just feel guilty leaving her to go work out when I only get a limited amount of time with her daily anyway. Walks together will be nice and I am going to REALLY try to watch what I eat and not give in to every craving.

• I gained 55-60 lbs with each DD. This pg I started 15 lbs overweight still. This time around I've been eating exactly the same as normal. I indulge occasionally but not as often as I did in the past. I've been eating smaller meals because I just can't finish a larger meal. Also, I've been eating a bowl of cereal as a snack between meals instead of chips or cookies or something unhealthy. I've been working out 3-4 days week, doing 3 days of weight lifting and 3 days of cardio. (Same as I did pre-pg.) I've forced myself to keep working out through the nausea. At almost 15 weeks, I've gained 4 lbs. I'm pretty excited about that, because I'll probably gain 1 1b/week in the 2nd half of my pg.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"