VBAC
Options

I'm officially on the clock and nervous

The Dr did not want me to get to 42 weeks before they planned something and I don't feel like I need that long anyway, so many signs, but who really knows.  So I am on the books for a gentle induction for next Thursday.  I am pretty nervous now, just want this labor to get going already.  And, I know it is silly, but I am afraid I am disappointing my doula for not fighting harder to push off scheduling this.  I want this VBAC so bad and the Dr's are so optimistic about me being favorable that they are acting like the induction will cause no problems whatsoever.  I'm already 90% effaced, almost 3cms, ultrasound and NST perfect, lots of contractions, lost my mp a couple of times now.  I don't know why I'm posting, just need to get it out to people who understand.  I so want to go natural and am nervous about pit contractions!  Should I be fighting harder for those extra few days??  If they wanted to schedule a c-section I would absolutely, but I don't feel it's as important if they want to try induction.  I will be getting out my breast pump this weekend to see if it will help things along, walking, etc...

Re: I'm officially on the clock and nervous

• Options

How far along will you be next Thursday? I would try not to stress about it (easier said than done!), it sounds like you are really close to going into labor! And you can always cancel the induction if you change your mind, or ask to do it a few days later. Your doula should be supportive of your choices, no matter what they are.

Good luck!

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Options
    Sorry, I will be 41w 2d
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMandyTaylor33:
    Sorry, I will be 41w 2d

In that case, I would wait. Can you do an induction at 42 weeks?
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Options

If your body has made that much progress already, I think there's an excellent chance you'll have gone into labour on your own within the next week! You have a week! That's lots of time. In any event, inductions are more favourable when the body is ready- and it sounds like your body is. A friend of mine was really worried about her induction but it worked fabulously and she had her baby epidural-free with a relatively short and complication-free labour. Keep your chin up.

eta: I wrote my post thinking you were going to be 42 weeks next Thursday. If you'll only be 41 weeks and 2, I'd fight to postpone.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"