Parenting after 35
Options

Midlife Crisis Update

I forgot to add I was readmitted to UTSA in good standing. I start back to school in the Spring term. Hard to think of DD and I being in college at the same time. My lawyer and our family facilitator say it doesn't affect SDs odds of custody should he decide that's what he wants. In fact, I look good for going back to make a better life for DS, rather than stay in a dead end job.

Re: Midlife Crisis Update

• Options
    Hang in there, I hope things get figured soon. Don't let the court procedures wear you down.
  • Options

Hooray! That's great news about being readmitted.

And I don't see how you going to schoool would have any bearing on custody anyway. I mean, my only experience with custody deals was through my parents' when I was 12 but, like you said, surely getting an education and securing your and DS's future can only be a good thing.

I thought SD wasn't super keen on being in the picture anyway. Or am I off base?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagestever:

And I don't see how you going to schoool would have any bearing on custody anyway. I mean, my only experience with custody deals was through my parents' when I was 12 but, like you said, surely getting an education and securing your and DS's future can only be a good thing.

I thought SD wasn't super keen on being in the picture anyway. Or am I off base?

My take is it's about the money and manipulation, not actually about lo. A giant mindfvck. He's mild version of my xbil. It's a game, and he wants to win, did I get that right FFR?

• Options
    imagegimmietimmies:
    imagestever:

My take is it's about the money and manipulation, not actually about lo. A giant mindfvck. He's mild version of my xbil. It's a game, and he wants to win, did I get that right FFR?

I am actually forbidden from saying anything negative about him. how 'bout them apples?

In looking for support groups about emotional and mental abuse, I came across some information regarding Narcissistic Personality Disorder and Narcissitic Injury. It's very interesting reading. The person I could apply this to isn't super extreme, but definitely seems to fit. They became completely unraveled when I left, and everything is about them... I do X. MY time. MY money. I don't get X. I am the VICTIM here...stuff like that. Except, when they need to place blame or justify actions, then it's... YOU make me this way. If YOU would give me X, I wouldn't have to Y. It's YOUR fault I did X. I have to be this way, because YOU insert grievance here. I refuse to cooperate because YOU have this issue, not me.

Then the emotional abuse...I was just kidding. You're too sensitive. I never said that. You pushed me to far, I had to X. At one point the person I was researching for though SHE were the crazy one. She had to go back through old text messages and make sure.
  • Options
    Sounds like you have a great plan.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageFyreFlyeRush:
    imagegimmietimmies:
    imagestever:

I am actually forbidden from saying anything negative about him. how 'bout them apples? In looking for support groups about emotional and mental abuse, I came across some information regarding Narcissistic Personality Disorder and Narcissitic Injury. It's very interesting reading. The person I could apply this to isn't super extreme, but definitely seems to fit. They became completely unraveled when I left, and everything is about them... I do X. MY time. MY money. I don't get X. I am the VICTIM here...stuff like that. Except, when they need to place blame or justify actions, then it's... YOU make me this way. If YOU would give me X, I wouldn't have to Y. It's YOUR fault I did X. I have to be this way, because YOU insert grievance here. I refuse to cooperate because YOU have this issue, not me. Then the emotional abuse...I was just kidding. You're too sensitive. I never said that. You pushed me to far, I had to X. At one point the person I was researching for though SHE were the crazy one. She had to go back through old text messages and make sure.
    That sounds horrific. I'm sorry :(
  • Options

You gotta love the whole anti-defamatory contract clauses. They are almost impossible to enforce and pretty irrational as a result. But kudos to you for abiding by the nonsense.

Stever is right, that does sound horrific. I hope Henry grows up to be keen enough to see above the drama.

And I think it's great that you and DD will be in college together! Sounds like an 80s movie (and who among this group doesn't love a good 80s movie flashback?). Hugs to ya!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"