Food Allergy
Options

Trying new foods....

My son is one and I really want to start giving him mostly table food.  He's allergic to milk, eggs, and peanuts. Dinner is fairly easy for me to make without those ingredients but I really struggle with breakfast., lunch, and snacks. I feel like it's just the same things all the time. I was wondering what other mom's give their children with these allergies. 

Re: Trying new foods....

• Options

We just eat a lot of fruits, veggies and meat around here. I usually do Cheerios and fruit for breakfast. I just found some dairy/egg free bread at a local bakery and I make toast with a blueberry spread. Lunch is usually fruit and chicken. For snacks, Cheerios and fruit again. There are some dairy free cheeses too. I bought LO some shredded Daiya cheese and he loved it. It has pea protein in it which I think some with peanut allergies react to but my DS didn't have any problems with it. 

It't tough, but thankfully the LOs don't know what they're missing! 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Oh I also give him oatmeal for breakfast.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the ideas. I've been giving him cheerios, fruit, oatmeal, and I found a dairy free egg free nut free pancake mix. I guess there really isn't much more I can do for him. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"