Georgia Babies
Options

Reviews of Confident Childbirth of Atlanta please?

Hey everyone! First-time poster in Atlanta moms here! Short into - this is our first baby, I'm about four months along, delivering at Piedmont (Collier), and live intown (West Wesley Road / Peachtree Battle Ave area).

I like the idea of a more natural childbirth, but I don't have enough info to say for sure that I want to go "all the way". I'd like to learn a little more about every perspective, if I can... I know about Bradley, I know about Lamaze, and I know about hypnobirthing - or at least I know enough to know that none of them is a perfect fit for me. Just today I found the site below.

Has anyone tried the classes below (particularly the private ones, since my schedule doesn't allow a weekly class)? Recommendations? Cautions? The testimonials look good but you never know... Any experience, good or bad, is very welcome!

www.confidentchildbirthofatlanta.com/

Please feel free to share as much detail about your experience as you will!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Reviews of Confident Childbirth of Atlanta please?

• Options
    imageggatlanta:

PS, I know everyone loves their birthing method, but please keep your posts to either reviews of this particular practice OR to other *Atlanta-specific* ones you loved / hated. I have already read tons of great posts about all the different methods in general - now I need details on which particular *Atlanta* providers you love or hate. Thanks, everyone!!!

This comes across as quite snotty, FYI. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Wow, gosh, I *definitely, definitely* did NOT mean that! I really am sorry if I offended anyone...!

It's just such a "hot topic" that I was afraid of getting a half-dozen "you should never try anything other than Bradley"s and a half-dozen "ONLY hypnobirthing is best"s and then seeing that degenerate into a disagreement over birthing philosophies... I just wanted people to focus on particular, actual places and NOT philosophies, although I understand now that my tone did not come out right at all.

Sorry again to anyone who read that as snotty! Did not mean it at all that way - quite the opposite, was (poorly) attempting to engender harmony! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageggatlanta:

It's just such a "hot topic" that I was afraid of getting a half-dozen "you should never try anything other than Bradley"s and a half-dozen "ONLY hypnobirthing is best"s and then seeing that degenerate into a disagreement over birthing philosophies... I just wanted people to focus on particular, actual places and NOT philosophies, although I understand now that my tone did not come out right at all.

Eh, I don't think you'll find that at all on this board.  Most of us have been around for a long time and know that when you're in the delivery room, your plans can easily go out the window.  Everyone here is supportive of whatever route you end up with - natural, epidural, c-section, vbac, whatever.   

• Options
    We just start our Lumina Birth class and LOVE it!  It's not based on anything in particular.  Just gives you many different techniques that can be used. We are doing private lessons with Liz Johnson.  SHe is a great teacher and was a ton of fun last night.  Good luck with your decision!

After 6 long years of TTC and a traumatic birth... I finally got to hold my baby in my arms!

'Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.'Psalm 37:4

2006 start TTC

2007 Start w/ RE (Endo and MFI previous marriage)/ 2008 Vericocele surgery/3 clomid cycles
    2009 Lap removed stage III endo/ 2 failed IUI/ Divorce

2011 Remarried
    October 2011 Dx: Endo & DOR/ November 2011- clomid & TI cycle
    January 2012 IVF~  Flare protocol 10 ER/ 9 mature fertilized with ICSI/ ET- 2 Grade A Blasts/ 4 frozen= BFN
    Febuary 2012- -Endo Biopsy/  MTHFR diagnosis
    March 8- FET 2 grade A blasts= BFP!!!!

November 2012-  Charles was born by emergency C-Section

Dealing with:
    Stage III Endo/ DOR/ MTHFR two mutations C677T & A1298C

Currently TTC #2  FET planned January 2014

• Options
    imagecare99:
    imageggatlanta:

Eh, I don't think you'll find that at all on this board.  Most of us have been around for a long time and know that when you're in the delivery room, your plans can easily go out the window.  Everyone here is supportive of whatever route you end up with - natural, epidural, c-section, vbac, whatever.   

+1.  This goes for your feeding choices too.  :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"