January 2012 Moms
Options

8 month growth spurt/sleep regression

.....My LO has slept perfectly from 7pm-6am for at least 2 months now. We sleep trained him in June and goes down great and still doe snow, except that he wakes up crying (screaming) for me or my husband ad will not go back to sleep. He has had congestion and I can see white bumps that are his "I" teeth so I think part of this is teething, but I am thinking that he is hitting a growth spurt ( babies do have one around 8-9 months) bc a few nites now he has had a bottle when woken up and that was enough to get him back to sleep. Last nite we were at our wits end and LO ended up sleeping with us for the first time ever... we are so afraid to make this a habit but I just think its cruel to make him CIO whie teething and possibly going through a growth spurt...Thoughts..... advice?????
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 8 month growth spurt/sleep regression

• Options
    DD is only 7.5 months but we're going through something very similar. I also think separation anxiety might be playing a part, at least in our case. She'll wake in the night (never used to) and scream if we leave, and sometimes even if we stay there she has trouble falling back asleep, constantly checking to make sure we're still there. No advice here, I've just been telling myself "this is just a phase, this too shall pass" but it's hard!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My DD is 7.5 months and the past two weeks have been very difficult. We too did sleep training about 2 months ago, maybe longer now (don't remember anymore) and she was doing awesome. Then she started teething and she slept in bed with us for two nights. I didn't let her CIO as that (imo) should only be used if the baby isn't in pain, hungry etc. meaning if she really needs something then I don't let her CIO as it doesn't really work anyway. When they are in pain I think you should just be there for them and comfort them. And I know letting them sleep in your bed makes you nervous that you'll encourage bad habits but actually my DD is going back to sleeping better. It's just a phase. She actually slept through the night last night Didn't wake up once and Monday was HELL. Just do what works best for everyone at the time. The truth is, things change with babies all the time so you can't always apply the same rule and not necessarily forever either....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

bigbear and Hilarity - just posted on the 6-9 month board about the hellish night I had with DS last night. Thursday night he slept like a dream, though. WTH? He wants to clap all the time, is trying really hard to crawl, and could be cutting teeth (finally). He cried/screamed/whimpered for hours last night. I'm exhausted and so is he but I can't get him to go to sleep. He just squirms all over and fusses. Gave him some Tylenol this morning but most got on his face and pjs. Calgon take me away...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"