Health & Exercise
Options

Sports Bra rec for first trimester and on....

I am currently 5 1/2 weeks along and am still able to work out pretty intensely..only problem is my boobs are HUGE and very sore/tight and my sports bras aren't holding in the gals. Right now I am doubling with a sports bra and a workout top with a shelf bra, but I am packed into it. I ran this morning with just a sports bra (shelf type, no cups or lining) and a tank top and by the end my breasts were burning and my nipples were so sore and raw! The jumping during my workout dvd's is pretty painful too!  I can't handle 9 mos of this and right now am not willing to back off my workouts since I am not feeling sick...I would rather modify my equipment if I can!

Is there a good sports bra out there that people recommend that's good for support and cushioning? (nike, UA, etc). I was a B cup before, but def not now!

Will this tightness and soreness/swelling ease up at all? I am seriously scared :) 

BFP 9/1/12, EDD 5/11/13; heartbeat 9/24/12, heartbeat gone 10/2/12; D&E 10/5/12 Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Sports Bra rec for first trimester and on....

• Options

Yes, the tightness and swelling will ease up (and then get worse again later on when your milk ducts start producing).

In the meantime, get a Moving Comfort Fiona bra.  It is by far the best motion-control sports bra for bigger chests.  It is incredibly supportive, soft, easily adjustable, and really holds everything in place.

• Options
    I second moving comfort. Its adjustble so I was able to use it during and after my pregnancy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I bought 2 moving comfort Fiona bras when I was working out while nursing and I loved them.  I got them on Amazon for a really good price but I tried them on in a store first to make sure they would fit.  Also, I really like the ta-ta tamer from lulu lemon.  They are pretty pricey but also very nice and supportive!  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

imagetesselizabeth:
    I bought 2 moving comfort Fiona bras when I was working out while nursing and I loved them.  I got them on Amazon for a really good price but I tried them on in a store first to make sure they would fit.  Also, I really like the ta-ta tamer from lulu lemon.  They are pretty pricey but also very nice and supportive!  

I love the Ta-Ta Tamer, but unfortunately, they don't make a size large enough for my pregnant boobs.  It is definitely my go-to non-preggo bra, though!

• Options

Another vote for the Moving Comfort bras. I like the Fiona, and it's also good for nursing later because of the velcro shoulder straps (and hook/eye at the back).

Early on (1st and 2nd tri), I had some Champion bras that worked well for me. I don't remember the name, but they were the same kind I wore pre-pg, but a size larger. Those had the typical 'over the head' way to put them on. Pre-pg I was a 34C. Even in my dreams, I could never wear a shelf bra. Nowhere near enough support.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am also looking for a good,sports bra. I'm a B but lately I can't run at all because the movement hurts. Checking out these recommendations.  
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"