New to The Bump

where should I go?

So I'm new on here, and it seems that a good number of posts I've read talk about people giving snarky comments and how that is just the vibe of certain boards.  I even made the mistake of posting on the TTC board first and was redirected to the Newbie board (I should add that not all of the replies to my post on that board were snarky, but there were a few comments that resonated oddly with me)

In reading comments and posts on here, I keep running into this idea that there are a lot of people and posts that are snarky.  I've never really posted on online board or public forums before so I really am new to this whole thing, and feel a little behind in the learning curve.  While I don't need coddling, I would like to feel supported in my postings. . .especially since I'm TTC and having a hard time (not in length, it's only been 4 months, but more just in feeling let down when my period starts).

I feel like the more experienced and active people may be the more likely ones to be snarky. . .so any ideas on which boards may have less of the snarky-ness?

Re: where should I go?

• The Bump os 90% knowing your audience and 10% having a thick skin.  i read your post and the responses....none were snarky.  Trust me.  Is it what you wanted to hear?  Maybe not.  But that doesn't make it wrong and snarky either. 

I strongly strongly suggest to lurk (read tons of posts and not necessarily reply/make post) to get a feel for the board.  I'd say 9 times out of 10 when people think a board is snarky, after they spend a few weeks hanging around they tend to see why posters respond a certain way.  You'll quickly see TTGP gets lots of posts like yours--bummed after TTC for 2, 3, 4 months and no BFP. Does it stink?  Sure.  Is it something to whine and complain about (not saying you are)?  Nope. 

A blog or a hobby were great suggestions.  Stick around and give it another chance. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Keep hanging out.  You will find support here. And Good Luck TTC!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I just got blasted on TTC board myself. I was redirected to a "waiting to O" board that doesnt exist because I said I was impatient waiting on ovulation. I'm also trying to conceive- first month of it too so according to some I'm not allowed to be impatient yet. I was really mad about it at first but after having some time to cool off I've come to the conclusion that just like I dont know their entire story, they dont know mine. Most of those women on TTC board seem to have been trying for a VERY long time and that's unfortunate for them. Although this is my first month TTC it doesnt mean the first of my journey to this point. Take some of what people say with a grain of salt and by all means dont get your feelings hurt. This is my first attempt at this board so I hope I'm more widely accepted here.

If all else fails, we'll chat! haha Big Smile I wish you the best of luck TTC and all you can do is KEEP TRYING! Being discouraged doesnt help you get pregnant! :)

imageimage

always my babies

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"