Minnesota Babies
Options

Fairview Southdale

Anyone have any opinions/ information or tips about delhospital or being induced at this hospital? I have been scheduled for an induction there on Friday.

TIA for your help! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Fairview Southdale

• Options
    Hi!  I delivered at Southdale in February, with a scheduled induction.  I was 9 days overdue when I delivered, and ended up going into the hospital the night before I was scheduled to be induced due to some rough pre-term labor. (I was 0 cm dilated until the morning I delivered, and was 3 cm when they started the pitocin a few hours after I got to the hospital).  Unlike many stories I've read on here, I actually had a very positive induction experience :)  From the time I got my first dose of pitocin to the time I delivered it was about 10 hours (I know, not always the norm!).  Because I'm a first time mom, I have no other experience to compare against, but I didn't find the experience to be awful at all.  The nurses were great - wonderful at trying to keep me comfortable, and offering options for pain control.  As others said, be confident in what you want and voice your opinion.  I felt like I was listened to every step of the way during labor and delivery.   
  • Options
    My sister in law has had both her daughters there and said great things about the whole process. Great attention from the nurses, good food, etc. I too will be having mine there in a few weeks! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"