St. Louis Babies

Hospital Choices-MoBap or St. Clare?

Hello! This is my first baby and I am due in Jan. Which hospital do you prefer or chose? MoBap or St. Clare?

Re: Hospital Choices-MoBap or St. Clare?

• I just delivered at st.clare in May and I was so impressed! If I have another I will definitely deliver there again. It was quiet, close to home and I received great treatment. 

• I delivered at St. Clare and had a good experience there.  I've also heard good things about MoBap.  I don't think you can go wrong with either one. 

Maybe call and set up a tour if you have time and see if you can get a feel either way.  You might like one better than the other.  Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I just went on a tour today at St. Clare and was very impressed.  My first was at St Anthonys and St Clares just seemed to be much more family friendly.  No info on MOBap sorrry.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • When I was pg with DS1 I toured MOBAP and St. Joe's in Kirkwood.  MOBAP seemed to be very business like, and I felt like I would've been a number and been part of an assembly line (being moved from 1 room to another). 

When I toured St. Joe's, they told me I could come by at any time and they'd show me around.  It was nice to be one-on-one.  At MOBAP it was a huge group with an orientation.  It seemed very slow (many empty rooms) and you stayed in 1 room the entire time.

After DS1 was born St. Joe's Kirkwood closed down and was replace by St. Clare's.  It's all the same people (one of the nurses I had while in PTL was the nurse that assited with the delivery of DS1).  I did dislike 1 nurse, and it seemed busier than St. Joe's (probably because it was a new bright and shiny hospital), but still very intimate.  They did tours the same way, just call to make sure someone would be there and they would show you around one-on-one.  I'm 98% certain I'll deliver there again, I'll go to MOBAP if I go into labor prior to 32w, or if there's an issue with the baby and my OB feels that a level III NICU is needed.  They have a slurpie machine, DH loved that. 

I would tour both and see what feels more comfortable to you.

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"