Boston Babies

Mount auburn hospital?

Hi everyone

Im a first time mum, 15 weeks now and I'm also new to Boston, and new to the US!

im not sure how insurance works here yet, but i do know that its BlueCross and i can choose anyone from Harvard Vanguard medical associates and deliver at Mount Auburn. 

Does anyone have experience delivering at Mount Auburn hospital? Or recommends  a good obgyn in Cambridge? I have no idea what I'm doing and I'm terrified.   

Re: Mount auburn hospital?

• I'm a FTM as well,the birth will be at Mt. Auburn.  It's one of the best hospitals in the Cambridge, Somerville area imho.  I work over at MIT so my ob is at the clinic they have here, but I used to be at Harvard Vanguard and if she is still practicing at HVA I suggest Dr. Susan Mann, she's great. 
  • Hello and Congrats!  I am also a FTM who will be delivering at Mount Auburn.  I chose the midwife group they have at the hospital and I'm truly enjoying my experience. 

I believe they have a meet the OB group tour there along with their meet the midwives tour.  Plus you can tour labor and delivery too.  I've heard nothing but great reviews from people who have delivered there!

• Loading the player...
  • Welcome to the area!

I just moved to the suburbs and switched doctors for convenience's sake, but I had been seeing Dr. Esther Yun at The Center for Women at Mount Auburn Hospital. I really liked her--she was my gynecologist for two years, and then my OB for five or so months! 

Twins November 2012!

• I gave birth at mount Auburn with the midwives there and had a wonderful experience. I was able to have a medication and intervention-free birth; they were amazingly supportive, very professional, and it was  without a doubt the best healthcare I have ever received.
  • Hi there! I'm also a FTM and will be delivering at Mt Auburn- have heard amazing things and am really happy with things so far. They are having an open house in November that you may want to attend... I go to the Mount Auburn Center for Women and see a combination of NP and OB's... I love my NP and am now meeting the OB's in the practice. The nursing staff and midwives are also fantastic!

perhaps a group of us who are in the Cambridge area and are FTM should try and get together at some point? Just a thought :)

Molly 

• I am so glad I read your post Elizabeth! I am a first time mom, 5 weeks and 2 days pregnant. My first prenatal appointment is with Esther Yun, and the fact that you really liked her makes me feel better. :)
  • Yea Molly! That's a great idea. I am really anxious to meet other FTMs such as myself, and I'll be delivering at Mt. Auburn as well.
  • Yeah, she's great! Very straightforward but easy going.
    Twins November 2012!

•  I had my daughter there 11 years ago and I have been with them since even before she was born. I saw the midwives there.  I also go to that hospital for other specialties.  I am now having my second child there and I am again with the midwives and now a co doctor.  They are great there. The facility is lovely.  They are really caring and understanding and they just did much of the hospital over so it is even better than when I had my daughter there.  I could give you lots of help concerning them.  I just went Tuesday for my first prenatal appointment.  I got my folder of information.  I go to center for women and I saw Jennifer Shark although I will be seeing Phyllis Gorman who delivered my daughter 11 years ago and a doctor Baker as well.  I'm not a FTM but its been 11 years so it sure feels like it.  I'm a single mom and quite alone with little support system so the thought of a group getting together sounds nice and hope I'm not excluded because I already have one.  

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • i loved loved LOVED delivering at mt. auburn! my son is 9 months now and i really loved my expereince. my OB practice was Mount Auburn Practice for Women in Watertown. Dr. McDonald was my primary OB and Dr. Deleo delivered my son. I also labored with a midwife for a while while Dr. Deleo was in a C-Section and she was great too. The nurse who gives the class at Mount Auburn is Melissa and she is FABULOUS! I recommend the 5 week course rather than the 1 day, it was very helpful.

have a great pregnancy and delivery!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I delivered my DS at Mt. Auburn in August and had a wonderful experience. I was there for 6 days, from induction to an eventual C-section (my baby was nice and happy in there and my body stopped contracting) and saw many nurses/dr's/lactation consultants while there all of which were wonderful. I hope to go back there when we have #2 down the road. 

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Yay! I am a FTM due 4/2/13 and going to Mount Auburn Hospital. I have seen Dr. Huang and Dr Yun and really liked them both. I am a bit higher risk so I need a doctor not a midwife, but everyone I have met at Arlington office and the actual hospital have been nice. Nonetheless I am nervous because its my 1st time so I got a host of questions. I am going to the Womens Helath Liasion for support too. Anyways I would love to meet up, or possibly go on the tour of the center together if anyone is planning a Dec tour!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"