Northern California Babies
Options

Seeking Infant Care Ideas in San Francisco

My husband and I are expecting our first child in January and having a difficult time finding available infant care in San Francisco. We both work downtown and are open to childcare facilities and home care options...anyone have any ideas?

Re: Seeking Infant Care Ideas in San Francisco

• Options
    Possible child care for you? Hi my name is Brenda and I live in Daly City near John Daly st. . My husband and I have one child, he is almost 10months and a cutie : I have told him that I do not want to work at my job anymore so we have been discussion alternatives. We can't live off of one income but I have thought about babysitting another child with my son at my house. Maybe this can work for you? I have been a nanny to two children and have done a lot of babysitting. My husband is a police officer and i currently work at the police stationion in the evenings. I know it's hard to trust anyone but we can speak over email and go from there. bhammond335yahoo. com
  • Options

Almost every neighborhood in San Francisco has a Yahoo Group that you can join and get neighborhood specific advice. The Bernal Heights group is particularly active. You've probably also heard of the Golden Gate Mothers web site which is an active community, but you have to pay to join. The Children's Council web site is a great resource. You can do a search and find all sorts of day care options. We found our home day care through this site. Natural Resources in the Mission also has binders full of options.

If it makes you feel any better, I think you have plenty of time. We found our place 2 months before we were ready to enroll her.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

OOOo!  Thank you for posting this I am having the SAME problem, but I'm due next month!   

Baby #1: Due 10/16/12: Due Date Baby!imageimageimage
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Hi Brenda,

Thanks for sharing, finding day care has definitely proven to be difficult. I'd be happy to share care or use in-house care, I'm actually thinking we'll need to move out of the city at some point because the city is so expensive.

How much do you think you'll be charging for care?

Jasmine

jcook@610@gmail.com 

• Options

We're having similar issues (due in March), though I'd want care to start in June. Please write back if you find any good solutions.

I'm currently considering: C5 Children's (next to City Hall) or trying to find someone to share an au pair. Check out my post in this forum ;)

Personally, I like the idea of the co-ops (which are a little cheaper than other daycares but have parent hour requirements to participate) but none are ideally located for us: https://www.missionkidsco-op.org/wordpress/faq/ (Mission) or https://www.sunsetcoop.org/ (Sunset) - both have really good reputations.  

I did find this as well:

San Francisco Children's Council has a free monthly (second Tues) workshop about childcare options in the city. My husband and I are going to the one in Dec. Registration:(415) 343-3300 

They also have a free directory of child care and preschools for families. For San Francisco child care referrals call (415) 343-3300. They can also provide information on sharecare, playgroups, and co-ops. To receive their quarterly newsletter, call (415) 276-2939

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"