Natural Birth

Homebirth Documentary- would you? poll

Re: Homebirth Documentary- would you? poll

• I voted No.  DH would never go for that.  And while I would love to support the HB cause and do whatever I can to support the documentary, I am a fairly modest person and would not like to sign over the rights to such private moments in my life to a production team.  I would worry that I would end up on the film naked or something like that.

• I votes yes but only as an interviewie. I would not have a home birth myself but I do support home birth as an option for others. I feel better at a birth center personally. But just like everything else in birth I feel the location of birth should be up to the mom when timing allows.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I wouldn't because I'm private and would be mortified to have my vulnerable moments videoed and seen by others (we're not filming or photographing our birth for the same reason).  However, I wouldn't judge someone who choose to do it if they felt comfortable with it and felt strongly that the documentary would advance the cause for better choices for birthing women.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I voted no BC I'm a private person and the idea of my dad or Fil or college boyfriend watching me give birth mortifies me. But I would participate in an interview where I got to share my story and a few select pictures or something.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • imageLaurelBee:
    I voted no BC I'm a private person and the idea of my dad or Fil or college boyfriend watching me give birth mortifies me. But I would participate in an interview where I got to share my story and a few select pictures or something.

Same here. I love the idea of spreading the word of HB through documentaries, but I'm just not willing to have "that" much of myself available for anyone to see. I give a hell of a lot of credit to the women on TBOBB; they are much braver than I am. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageprincipessa81:

imageLaurelBee:
    I voted no BC I'm a private person and the idea of my dad or Fil or college boyfriend watching me give birth mortifies me. But I would participate in an interview where I got to share my story and a few select pictures or something.

Same here. I love the idea of spreading the word of HB through documentaries, but I'm just not willing to have "that" much of myself available for anyone to see. I give a hell of a lot of credit to the women on TBOBB; they are much braver than I am. 

This!  No way I'd labor or give birth on camera but if I had control over what was shown I'd happily share my experience

• I am such a modest person, that I can't even imagine breast feeding in front of my husband, much less giving birth on camera! If I weren't like this, I would totally support home birth in this way! :) 
    EDD#1 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    EDD#2 2.20.16 I love you already! <3

BabyFruit Ticker
    FEB16 Siggy Challenge Fave TV mom
  • My HBAC was empowering and I am very grateful it was an option for me. I would definitely share pictures / video and share our story. For this cause it would be worth letting go of a little modesty, at least for me.
  • Yes, I would. I learned a lot from seeing homebirths on documentaries. It helped me get in the "I can do this!" mindset, so I would do it if it could help someone else!
    Mommy to Emery Vera 5.20.12  Blog
  • Op- I'm dying to know what doc you've been asked to participate in! Have you decided if you'll participate or not?
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • imageLaurelBee:
    Op- I'm dying to know what doc you've been asked to participate in! Have you decided if you'll participate or not?

this!!

and, YES YES YES, i would totally agree to that, so long as my lady parts were somewhat modestly shown. my HBAC totally changed my life and i'd love to give back by helping others with such life altering experiences. plus, i'd love to have had the highlights on film. 

• imageLaurelBee:
    Op- I'm dying to know what doc you've been asked to participate in! Have you decided if you'll participate or not?

I do not have a lot of details because we have not decided if we want to do it. I know that the lady working on it is in contact with my midwife and the BC. I know that my MW's client who had baby Labor Day week participated. DH does not want a "zoo" at the house when I am in labor and then there is a concern of my hoohaa being on video we are not in control of. The margin on this poll is narrow, which seemed to encourage DH.

I guess we should talk to the director and if it can be respectful in terms of exposure we would go for it. Besides the support for the cause, we would probably get a video of the birth and DH would not have to do it.

I guess we should make a decision soon. I will post an update

babies

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"