Food Allergy
Options

Help with Eczema

Hello! I haven't posted in a while but had a question.

DS is lactose intolerant, allergic to pineapple and mango, and has never had nuts or shellfish (per the Dr recommendation). He also has asthma and eczema.

Lately, his eczema has gotten really bad. It was under control for a while but now I feel like it's worse than ever. I'm not sure if now he also has environmental allergies or if we need to re-examine his diet again....any thoughts? Also, has anyone tried the new Cortizone-10 for Eczema and is it safe for a 2 yr old?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Help with Eczema

• Options
    What's your current skincare routine like for it? Maybe it's related to the changing seasons (getting drier b/c it's fall?)? Cerave works WONDERS for my DS but we have to be on top of it and apply it twice daily, once in the morning and once before bed after a daily bath (usually just water only, sometimes mild soap). We use rx Hydroval for flares.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options

We use Vanicream or Mustela. He takes Children's Claritin as well, once a day. We use mild detergent in the tub as well, but I am considering just using Cedaphil on him from now on. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

DS's eczema got extremely bad after he ended up in the hospital for an allergic rxn and was given prednisone (the prednisone cleared it all up and when he was done taking it, the eczema came back with a vengeance).

I tried a skin gel called Nature's Aid and it has helped to bring it back under control. I put it on at least twice a day, let it dry and follow up with Spectro E-care for kids. I also lather his legs up at ever diaper change.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"