June 2011 Moms
Options

Another interesting baby name

So I read this food blog, and the blogger just had a baby today.  They named him Mazen Duke.  She even said herself (in the comments) that her DH "made it up, as a spin off of Mason."  What do you think??  Duke is fine, but I hate Mazen.  Someone in the comments already said something like "is it because he's A-Mazen?"  Indifferent 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Another interesting baby name

• Options
    I've had a couple students named Mazen. I don't think it's a bad name, and never thought "A_mazen"... my students both pronounced it with short a though, so that's probably why.
    imageDS born 6/11/11, miscarriage on 8/6/2012 at 10w5d, miscarriage on 12/29/13 at 5w4d, BFP #4 on 2/21/2104 at 3w4d - EDD 11/3/2014 ♡

Would you like to read/follow my blog?
  • Options
    I know of a Mazen too, he's Persian. The name is Arabic. Google says that it means "storm clouds" ....... However, I think the lady should have looked that up before choosing it, thinking she was pulling a name out of a hat. Lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Um, NMS at all, nor have I heard it.  But I've heard far worse than that!!

And, I really hope that when people are commenting about the name on the post they're not saying mean things.  The kid has been named, it's a happy post, etc.  Leave it be!

• Options
    imageTelly21182:

And, I really hope that when people are commenting about the name on the post they're not saying mean things.  The kid has been named, it's a happy post, etc.  Leave it be!

I've never heard it either.  Yeah, that commenter wasn't being mean at all.  I haven't seen any mean comments yet thankfully :)

• Options
    Oh man, I love KERF, I would have thought she would've picked a better name.  Not a fan.
  • Options

imagejcsumm0:
    Oh man, I love KERF, I would have thought she would've picked a better name.  Not a fan.

I was wondering if anyone on here read her blog, too.  Yeah, I couldn't agree with you more...

• Options
    It's not the worst I've heard but I thought of corn too. Also, for some reason it sounds more like a girl name to me. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageamanda1680:
    imageTelly21182:

I've never heard it either.  Yeah, that commenter wasn't being mean at all.  I haven't seen any mean comments yet thankfully :)

Glad to hear no one is being mean.  You just never know with people.  Hopefully though since it's people reading her blog their fans so no need to be snippy! 

• Options

imageSpooko:
    All I hear when I read that in my head is maize, like corn. Bleck.

That was my first thought too.  But althought it is NMS.  I think it is a farily nice name.

• Options
    imageSpooko:
  • Options
    imageSpooko:
  • Options

imageSpooko:

WTF is wrong with the bump.

Anyway I said it was NMS but I actually think it is a nice name.  I also said that Maize popped into my head as my first thought.

• Options
    I immediately thought "A-Mazen" too....definitely NMS.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image"">imageimage
  • Options

LOL I use Mazen when I'm talking about walking through corn mazes in the fall...I love them.

As a name its ridiculous.

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Definitely not a fan! I'm thankful that my parents gave me a traditional name.
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • Options
    Yuck, I don't like it.
  • Options

When I saw this post title, I knew it was going to be KERF. 

Apparently she never googled the name.

Anyone read Smugnom recaps of her posts? They are hilarious. If you like KERF you probably shouldn't click over there.  

• Options
    imageemilys629:

Anyone read Smugnom recaps of her posts? They are hilarious. If you like KERF you probably shouldn't click over there.  

Omg, no I've never heard of this, but I would love to read!  Have to say, KERF does kinda annoy me, but I still read.  Link please??  I can't seem to find anything when I google... 

• Options
    imageamanda1680:
    imageemilys629:

Omg, no I've never heard of this, but I would love to read!  Have to say, KERF does kinda annoy me, but I still read.  Link please??  I can't seem to find anything when I google... 

oops, nevermind!  I was googling smugMom...

• Options
    Cause b!tch I'm amazin
    Look what I'm blazin
    Eyes so low, yeah, I look like an Asian...

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• Options
    imageamanda1680:
    imageamanda1680:
    imageemilys629:

oops, nevermind!  I was googling smugMom...

Enjoy :) It's pure snark. 
  • Options
    OMG Loooove Smugnom. :) Really brightens up my day. And the name is not my cup of tea but the kid is cute. I do hate how they think they came up with it. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"