Postpartum Depression

My first therapy session was yesterday!

It was good. At no point did I feel entirely comfortable, my anxiety levels were pretty high. I had to go through my "history" which brought me to think about some things that I otherwise wouldn't have, so for a lot of the day afterwards I just felt a bit down. Anxiety more than depression seems to be what I am dealing with, which I knew and she said next time we will be working on ways to cope with my obsessive anxiety ridden thoughts!  She also told me to start a journal and write down five things I am grateful for each night before bed and read them in the morning. I thought that was a good idea to help focus on the positive in life. I hope with a few more sessions I will truly start to "feel" a difference in my anxiety levels though since just writing about this has my heart starting to race!
Mom to Emma, Noah, Isaac, Asa, Asher, Jonah and expecting baby Alice 7/16

Re: My first therapy session was yesterday!

• Glad that the session went well!  I think whenever you're seeing someone for the first time and have to go through your "history" it's always difficult.. it stirs up lots of old emotions, like you said, which can then leave you feeling down for a bit afterwards.. I know I've experienced that before in the past..

I hope that she is able to really help you get a handle on your anxiety!  The journaling is a great tool -- love the idea about 5 good things!  I used to journal daily -- it was SUCH a great release :)  I've actually thought about getting back into it, now that I've been having some issues myself recently!

All in all -- glad it was a good appointment, and I hope together you guys will be able to conquer your anxiety issues!!

Loss #1: 18w5d.. D&E 04Mar03 BFP #2: Jun2011.. missed miscarriage. D&C 08Jul2011 8w4d. BFP #3: Nov2011.. Our Rainbow Baby!!! DS Born: 15Jul2012! BFP #4: Nov2012.. 2U1 - DS2 born 12Jul2013.  BFP #5: 01Jan2014..3U3!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My blog about raising 2U2!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"