September 2011 Moms

A 360 a month before Bo's party!

Hello to all of my mommy and baby friends!

I am the one that posted, in January, if anyone has started to plan LO's 1st Birthday party! Most of you thought I was off my rocker!! I think you were right! We are now changing Bo's party to a Vintage news theme (because I want to tell the world Bo baby is turning 1) and not even doing his 1 year photos until after his party and our big move!

https://blushink.com/la-fete-mavi-turns-one/

I feel kind of unprepared...Mostly sad for Bo that I am just now ordering his party stuff and invitations will most likely be mailed only 3 weeks before the event Indifferent. It is what it is so I better saddle up and make it the best I can!

This is what is coming up. Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful while trying to organize the chatter in my dome! TIA

-Make invitations

-Bowen's actual first birthday (9/19) donations to NICU and a nice dinner out!

-Buy a washer and dryer (we like LG or whirlpool--what do you like?)

-Buy a new camera

-Hire a Cleaning service

-Hire a moving company

- Make Party decorations (banners, bunting, lanterns, and find glass milk bottles)

- Call a bakery for Bo's Cake

- Order flowers

-Pick out Bo's birthday outfit

- Move

- Get house organized

-Cook for guests

- Decorate for 1st birthday party

-Have first birthday party (10/6)

-Leave for a two day getaway with my H

-Finish moving

-Bo's first year photos

-Start renovations....

Can someone slap me around a little? Am I over doing it?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: A 360 a month before Bo's party!

• Oh my dear, that is a serious list!  That party theme is absolutely adorable. 3 weeks is fine for invites, it's a party, not a wedding :)

As far as your to-do, I would break it into a few different lists - party specific, house specific, schedule, etc.

Are you overdoing it?  Not necessarily, you are just fitting a lot of different things in at the same time!  Who would've thought you would be moving and partying at the same time?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMs5586:

Who would've thought you would be moving and partying at the same time?

Story of my life these past 3 years!

For the schedule list--- how would I go about starting that?

• Loading the player...
  • refresh my memory. Are you having Bo's party at a place, at your ILs, or at your new home?
  • imagelinzica:
    refresh my memory. Are you having Bo's party at a place, at your ILs, or at your new home?

ILs'

• imagebecasmeca:
    imageMs5586:

Well, anyway you want :)  Personally, I would grab a month-at-a-glance calendar and give yourself due dates for things.  Sept 10 - invitations mailed, Sept 13 - order the cake, etc.  It might help break up the tasks to a more manageable amount.  You could also just starting listing the schedule for those days (such as Party Schedule - 10 am, NICU and donation visit, 2 pm, decorate, 4 pm party!) etc.

• imageMs5586:
    imagebecasmeca:
    imageMs5586:

Well, anyway you want :)  Personally, I would grab a month-at-a-glance calendar and give yourself due dates for things.  Sept 10 - invitations mailed, Sept 13 - order the cake, etc.  It might help break up the tasks to a more manageable amount.  You could also just starting listing the schedule for those days (such as Party Schedule - 10 am, NICU and donation visit, 2 pm, decorate, 4 pm party!) etc.

You are an angel!! Thank you so much for your input! On my way to pickup a giant calendar!!

• imagebecasmeca:
    imageMs5586:
    imagebecasmeca:
    imageMs5586:

You are an angel!! Thank you so much for your input! On my way to pickup a giant calendar!!

Smile

• Beca, you put the rest of us to shame!  I'm sending out an email invitation to B's party, and the theme is "Beatrice turns one."  I like Ms's suggestion, or maybe just break your calendar into weeks, and for each week list the tasks that you need to get done that week.  May seem less daunting that way.
  • Some thoughts on your other questions...

I have an LG washer/dryer and love it. If you are buying a washer/dryer/camera, you could go to the same place, like best buy. You could probably get/haggle a better deal if you are buying all at the same time.

My packers also had cleaning services and if they finished packing they could start cleaning... So possibly two birds with one stone...

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • imageldcoffel:
    Some thoughts on your other questions...I have an LG washer/dryer and love it. If you are buying a washer/dryer/camera, you could go to the same place, like best buy. You could probably get/haggle a better deal if you are buying all at the same time.My packers also had cleaning services and if they finished packing they could start cleaning... So possibly two birds with one stone...nbsp;

Ooohhhh I like te way you think! We looked into Costco because the camera package we like is there but then they only sell whirlpool and some other brand :sad face:

For LG home depot has the cheapest 5 year protection plan compared to all the rest. Now we need to investigate whirlpools's manufacturer warranty vs. LG's.
    I am rooting for LG too!
    Do you have a front or top loader?
  • imagebets2011:
    Beca, you put the rest of us to shame!nbsp; I'm sending out an email invitation to B's party, and the theme is "Beatrice turns one."nbsp; I like Ms's suggestion, or maybe just break your calendar into weeks, and for each week list the tasks that you need to get done that week.nbsp; May seem less daunting that way.

Ooohhh if only all of our family had email! I love your theme! In fact, I love her name! I like your idea about breaking tasks up into weeks!
  • Beca, do you have an HHGregg near you?  They are willing to negotiate prices if you are buying several things (such as washer/dryer/camera.
  • imagebecasmeca:
    imagebets2011:
    Beca, you put the rest of us to shame!nbsp; I'm sending out an email invitation to B's party, and the theme is "Beatrice turns one."nbsp; I like Ms's suggestion, or maybe just break your calendar into weeks, and for each week list the tasks that you need to get done that week.nbsp; May seem less daunting that way.
    Ooohhh if only all of our family had email! I love your theme! In fact, I love her name! I like your idea about breaking tasks up into weeks!

Ha ha, I was kidding about the theme because really we have no theme!  But thanks, you're sweet!

• imagebets2011:

imagebecasmeca:
    imagebets2011:

Ha ha, I was kidding about the theme because really we have no theme!  But thanks, you're sweet!

Ugh! My mental ticker is all wrong! Now reading it back I get it! I did not have a theme per se before but since I am so loud and proud of Bo I thought the vintage news fit him! Plus it gives me a nice avenue to show him as a newborn since I slacked on birth announcements! Ugh! My life is a gift!
  • imageMs5586:
    Beca, do you have an HHGregg near you?nbsp; They are willing to negotiate prices if you are buying several things such as washer/dryer/camera.

Negative ghost rider!
  • LOL, other than picking a time & place and sending out invitations (which we did about 1.5-2 weeks in advance), we did ALL of the planning/ purchasing in the two days before the party. And it went fine!

And I'm guessing you mean 180, not 360.... unless you are back to your original theme! :)

• Hey lady! If you want help with anything, I'm here!!
    oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Whew, that is quite the list! I think the party stuff will be easier than you think. I've done the bulk of Max's party stuff (which is Saturday) during naps and evenings this week.
  • I agree three weeks is just fine for notice.  You could do a save the date email which I did - prior to mailing out invites.  Maybe in the form of a press release to go with your theme.

And your list is long - but having a list is the only way I can operate.  You'll feel satisfaction for crossing things off - you'll feel accomplished when you see what's left to do - and you'll feel organized because you're actually getting things done.

You go girl... feel empowered and get moving!  You can do it!

• imagebecasmeca:
    imageldcoffel:
    Some thoughts on your other questions...I have an LG washer/dryer and love it. If you are buying a washer/dryer/camera, you could go to the same place, like best buy. You could probably get/haggle a better deal if you are buying all at the same time.My packers also had cleaning services and if they finished packing they could start cleaning... So possibly two birds with one stone...nbsp;
    Ooohhhh I like te way you think! We looked into Costco because the camera package we like is there but then they only sell whirlpool and some other brand :sad face: For LG home depot has the cheapest 5 year protection plan compared to all the rest. Now we need to investigate whirlpools's manufacturer warranty vs. LG's. I am rooting for LG too! Do you have a front or top loader?

We have a front loader. If I had it to do over, I would also get the pedestals that go underneath too. My DH is a GM for best buy, so I know how making deals go... 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • imageldcoffel:

imagebecasmeca:
    imageldcoffel:
    Ooohhhh I like te way you think! We looked into Costco because the camera package we like is there but then they only sell whirlpool and some other brand :sad face: For LG home depot has the cheapest 5 year protection plan compared to all the rest. Now we need to investigate whirlpools's manufacturer warranty vs. LG's. I am rooting for LG too! Do you have a front or top loader?

We have a front loader. If I had it to do over, I would also get the pedestals that go underneath too. My DH is a GM for best buy, so I know how making deals go... 

Wait a hot minute...You can haggle at BB?

For the front loader do you have to leave the washer door open over night?

• imagejupiterthecat:

And I'm guessing you mean 180, not 360.... unless you are back to your original theme! :)

Hmmm.. I guess it would be back to the original theme in a weird reverse 360 kind of way... Does  the idea of a reverse and forward 360 give you a headache like it does me?

• imagebecasmeca:
    imageldcoffel:

imagebecasmeca:
    imageldcoffel:

People ask for deals all the time!  Just take all your prices to bby and tell them you want to buy it all together for those prices.

Yes, I leave my washer door open. My laundry is in the basement, and I'm the only one who goes down there. 

• imageldcoffel:
    imagebecasmeca:
    imageldcoffel:

imagebecasmeca:
    imageldcoffel:

People ask for deals all the time!  Just take all your prices to bby and tell them you want to buy it all together for those prices.

Yes, I leave my washer door open. My laundry is in the basement, and I'm the only one who goes down there. 

Wow! that is awesome! Thank you for letting me know! I am the idiot that had no idea and pays full price for everything (unless it is meat.. I have to get that on clearance?????)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"