October 2012 Moms
Options

STM's---do I need a changing table and pack n' play?

Orignaly, I thought we would just use the pack n' play as our changing table.  It also has the newborn napper and sound machine so I was thinking this would be our all in one peice.  Now that we finally have the crib up and are starting to work on the nusury I realized I need another small dresser and was wondering if I need a separate changing table as well.  The pack n play will spend most of its time in our bedroom or in the living room for the first few months.  If I need to order a changing table I should order one quick...only 5 weeks to go!

Thanks for your advice

BabyFruit Ticker  

Re: STM's---do I need a changing table and pack n' play?

• Options
    My suggestion is to have a changing table in the baby's room and then the pack and play one.  When the baby is older and sleeping in his/her room, you will want to change him/her in the morning in there and at night before bed.
    Little Man 1.8.11
    Freshie Girl 9.29.12
  • Options

We just bought a dresser that could double as a changing table.  I wouldn't count on the PNP being your changing table though.  If it has an attachment it's normally only good to 15lbs.

We had the PNP set up but never used it, until we took it to the ILs that is.  We visit them once a week and so DD took lots of naps there.  It has also served us well on trips.  It just never got used in our house.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Currently going through our second deployment. Can't wait for Zoe to meet her daddy!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would say that if your dresser can't double as a changing table, then you need a separate changing table. We never used our PNP- DS just never would sleep in there... but even still, like pp said, the changing parts have a weight limit most times and you will want something in the baby's room. We have a separate changing table from our dresser, and I love having it that way. I can put more decorative things on the dresser and I have more storage space under the changing table for things. I got a lot of use out of it too- we used it until DS was at least 18 months.
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• Options

If you're going to keep your pnp with the changing area on the main floor, I'd put something upstairs in your LO's room because it will be easier for you in the long run, plus if you're up there you're not going to want to run downstairs all the time.  We used the changing area in DD's room till she was almost 3, even after she was out of diapers, and well above the weight limit for the diaper changing area on the pnp. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I have never had a changing table. We also don't have a dresser that can be used as one or a pack n play. I always changed DS on the bed, couch, floor, or in his crib, and still do. I will do the same with this LO. A changing table just wasn't something we felt we needed.
    boots badgePhotobucket BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Excellent!  Thank you so much ladies!

BabyFruit Ticker  

• Options
    I love using a change table. Can you put a pad on the dresser or get a cheap change table.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think you def. need a changing table. We never had a pack and play so I can't speak to that.
    Birthday

• Options
    We just bought a changing pad and put it on the dresser.
  • Options
    I had a changing table with my first and rarely used it.  What I did do was use the one on the pack and play and used a waterproof changing mat elsewhere. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagedaronsmommy:
    I have never had a changing table. We also don't have a dresser that can be used as one or a pack n play. I always changed DS on the bed, couch, floor, or in his crib, and still do. I will do the same with this LO. A changing table just wasn't something we felt we needed.

This.  When LO gets older, you will change him/her where ever you can wrestle them down.

• Options
    I just put a changing pad on top of their dresser. We change them on the floor a ton too. I learned the hard way not to change them on our bed LOL
  • Options

I was thinking of maybe one of these

BabyFruit Ticker  

• Options
    We used a separate changing table in DS's room. I loved it because it had storage underneath. His dresser was much too high for him to be changed on. This time we have both. We're planning on using the pnp one at night when he is in our room, and the other during the day.

Lilypie - (A6Jy)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"