April 2011 Moms

Milk in sippy cup- help!

My daughter is almost 17 months.  She's been drinking water from a sippy cup since very early on-  and milk from her bottle.  All hell breaks loose anytime we offer her milk in a sippy cup instead of her bottle.  Just wanted to see if anyone had any insight/advice on how they did it successfully before I pull out all the stops and stick with a hardcore routine without caving into the tantrums.  

Thanks! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Milk in sippy cup- help!

• We had this problem too. What worked for me was to buy completely different sippys for the milk. I think our problem was due to DD expecting water from her cup and getting mad when it wasn't what she expected. FWIW, we use Dr. Browns for water and Tommee Tippee somethingorother for milk. DD also likes the cups with the straws. Good luck!

Edit: I'll also add that it is important to be consistent. The tantrums will keep happening as long as she keeps getting her bottle as a result!
  • I agree try a diffn't sippy cup or even an opened face cup. DD has mastered drinking from a big girls cup and we no longer need sippys. She loves it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My DD was the same way too. I tried every cup on the market and she refused them all. Then someone suggested the cheap take & toss ones. For some strange reason, she loved them. She only gets milk with these cups & water from the others.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"