Infertility
Options

did you drink gatorade ?

during your ivf cycle did you drink gatorade ? or just water ? 

After 13 chemicals/early miscarriages,

8 rounds of clomid, 
4 rounds of timed intercourse with injections, 
and 1 round of iui, 
we have moved on to IVF 
IVF 1 - Chemical Pregnancy 
IVF 2 - Cancelled - No EGGS!!! - diagnosed with possible empty follicle syndrome 
IVF 3 - Failed.

Private Adoption in Newfoundland - Failed after flying home from Africa - going to dr appointments/ultrasounds etc. BM decided to keep the baby - absolutely devastated. Baby boy was born with severe development issues with his limbs and has FAS :( 
International Adoption in Uganda - Failed. 

IVF 4 - Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol : 08/16/2014: Stims Started  08/28/2014: Trigger Shot 08/30/2104: ER - 14 eggs collected. !2 ICSI'd and 8 have made it into proper 2 celled embryos. 10/04/2014 Prospective transfer date :) (5DT) - 3 day report, 2x8 cells, 3x6 cells, 3x4 cells 09/4/2014: 5 day Transfer of 2 Early Blasts, and a Morula - Results: BFP ended in chemical. 

IVF 5 - Donor eggs and Donor Sperm. female donor is 25, male donor is 22. Transfer set for March 7, 2015. 

Re: did you drink gatorade ?

• Options
    I go back and forth. One gatorade, one water. Seems to help me not get so sore!
    Anniversary
    Tried to conceive on our own for a year before moving on to fertility treatments. Dx unexplained. About 10 months of procedures, shots, and countless doctor appointments, we got our BFP! BFN on 5 IUI's
    IVF#1 - ER 09/14/12, ET 09/17/12: two 8 cells, BFP: 9/28 Beta#1 56.8; 10/2 Beta#2 284; 10/5 Beta#3 939; 10/9 Beta #4 4967. One baby on board with EDD 06/07/13!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    After my ER I got OHSS and chugged that stuff like it was going out of style.  It really helped.  I will def be mainlining it after my ER this time to avoid that noise.
    http://oi58.tinypic.com/nqv6fk.jpg

DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good question! Based on suggestions of other bumpies, I plan to drink both, I've started to stock up on gatorade/powerade.

~TTC#1 Since July 2011~ 
    Dx: Fibroids & Tubal Infertility
                                                        9/12 -IVF#1 =BFN; 5/14 -IVF#2=BFP:-) EDD 2.19.2015                                                

S/PAIF Welcome 

imageimageimage

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I tried to drink G2 after my ER especially since I had OHSS but I HATE the stuff so I mainly drank water...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ive been drinking water like crazy during stimming, but I have a stock of gatorade for after the ER. 
    "Everything will be alright in the end. So if it's not alright, it is not yet the end."
    Me:29 DH:29  TTC since 1/11 Dx: unexplained IF/early DOR/immune issues 
    Feb'12- July'12-testing(all clear minus slight arcuate ute), 3 IUI with clomid all BFN
    8/30IVF#1 Antagonist protocol- ER 9/11-8R, 7M, 5F. 
    ET 9/14 2 embies transferred. 1 10cell Grade 4, 1 8cell Grade 4. No frosties. BFN
    IVF#2 Antagonist protocol plus baby aspirin- ER 12/5-16R, 12M, 8F!
    ET 12/10 5dt! 1 fully expanded blast & 1 early blast. No frosties. BFN
    3/13 hysteroscopy & polypectomy, Consulted w Dr. Kwak-Kim.  
    DX: High NK cells, cytokines, DHEAs& PAI1;  hypothyroid, +APA, restricted bloodflow
    7/13 IVF#3 Long lupron protocol with PIO, Crinone, Prometrium, and vivelle
    (plus synthroid, metformin, baby asa, metanx, PNV, Vit E, D, calcium, fish oil, CoQ10, IVIg infusions and lovenox per Dr. Kwak-kim)
    ER 7/19 14R, 11M, 9F(4 natural fert, 5 with ICSI)
    ET 5dt 7/24 2 fully expanded blasts.  SURPRISE 3 FROSTIES!!!
    Beta #1 8/2 335!!!! Beta #2 829!!!  1st u/s 8/14 showed TWINS!!!!!
    11/11: TEAM PURPLE!!!!!
    3/21/14-L&W born at 37w via csection

Here Comes the Sun Blog
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • Options
    I drank it after er not before. 
  • Options

I think gatorade is gross, and will not be drinking it. Back before my TTC days, my regular doc told me that you could put a teaspoon of sugar and (i think) a 1/4 teaspoon of salt in a large glass of water and it would do pretty much the same thing as gatorade.

I plan on drinking lots of water with a little lemonade mixed in and eating salty snacks. I feel this should cover my bases. 

4 IUIs: Bfn
    Antagonist IVF 7 retrieved, 4 fert w/ICSI&AH, 2 blasts transferred. Beta #1 9/20: 367 Beta #2 9/22: 841
    image image
  • Options
    imageKiller Tomato:

I think gatorade is gross, and will not be drinking it. Back before my TTC days, my regular doc told me that you could put a teaspoon of sugar and (i think) a 1/4 teaspoon of salt in a large glass of water and it would do pretty much the same thing as gatorade.

I plan on drinking lots of water with a little lemonade mixed in and eating salty snacks. I feel this should cover my bases. 

Thats really interesting.

I happen to really like Gatorade but thats a great option for people who hate it.

• Options
    imageBlueyed228:
    imageKiller Tomato:

I happen to really like Gatorade but thats a great option for people who hate it.

Okay.  Call me dumb.  Why drink Gatorade?  I've never heard this. 

Baking Blog | TTC Blog | Pinterest
    TTC #1 since October 2010 | Began Testing in January 2012
    DH SA - low motility with 0% morph; varicocele (repaired); low T (on Clomid)
    IVF w/ICSI (long Lupron w/ Repronex and Follistim) in September 2012

imageimage
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    imagebrachatzipora:
    imageBlueyed228:
    imageKiller Tomato:

I was told that it helps flush out your ovaries and dry them out a bit so there is less of a chance of the empty follicles and ovaries filling with fluid and causing OHSS after the ER.

• Options
    imageBlueyed228:
    imagebrachatzipora:
    imageBlueyed228:
    imageKiller Tomato:

I was told that it helps flush out your ovaries and dry them out a bit so there is less of a chance of the empty follicles and ovaries filling with fluid and causing OHSS after the ER.

Thanks!!!  It sounds like a great idea!  I'm definitely chugging water, but I'd be open to adding Gatorade. 

imageimage

• Options
    I drank Smart Water.  For some reason Gatorade just tasted too sweet.  Smart Water is normal water, but with electrolytes.  Plus is tastes great!
    Happily married Since May 2008. TTC#1 Since May 2010.
    Me: 29, Mild DOR
    DH: 31, SE mostly normal, 1st SE morph 5%, 2nd SE morph 15%...yeah!.
    BFP July 2011, Natural MC August 2011.
    3 cycles of 50mg Clomid = BFN
    *New RE* Feb/Mar 2012 100 mg Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN
    *3rd RE* April-June -Break Cycles begin prep for IVF by doing 2 Heparin injects daily....fun fun!
    IVF #1 - ER 7/19, ET 7/24, 2 beautiful embies transferred. Beta 8/2 = BFN
    *New RE...yes again* FET Nov 2012 with our lone ranger = BFFN
    RE Suggests Trying IUI Again, Jan. 2013 IUI #2 =BFN
    Feb. 2013 IUI #3 = BFP!!!, Beta #1 (15dpIUI) = 90, Beta #2 (17dpIUI) = 210, U/S Scheduled for 3/18
  • Options
    I did G2 between retrieval and transfer.  I didn't have any OHSS or much pain from the retrieval though, but I figured better safe than sorry.
    Married July 2011; TTC since April 2011; DX: MFI
    IVF #1 in August 2012: BFP!
    L was born on May 5, 2013, 8lb. 6oz.
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!

Our Project Make A Baby

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageBlueyed228:
    imagebrachatzipora:
    imageBlueyed228:
    imageKiller Tomato:

I had heard that you should drink gatorade after the ER too but never knew why! Thanks for that :)
  • Options
    I drank a ton of Powerade, Gatorade and Smart Water after ER. I don't know if it helped prevent any kind of OHSS or not (since I didn't have that), but I actually like the taste of the stuff so it wasn't much of a sacrifice.
  • Options

imageScoop77:
    I drank a ton of Powerade, Gatorade and Smart Water after ER. I don't know if it helped prevent any kind of OHSS or not (since I didn't have that), but I actually like the taste of the stuff so it wasn't much of a sacrifice.

At your ladies' discussion, I picked up some Smart Water (it was on sale!).  I love it anyway, so always a good excuse to buy it. ;) 

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"