January 2012 Moms
Options

Sleep regression- 7 months =(

My DD is 7 months and in the last 2 weeks she refuses to sleep in her crib.  She has slept in her crib since the day we brought her home from the hospital.  I even had her to the point where I could put her in her crib and she would fall asleep on her own with very little crying.  She would sleep between 7:00pm and 5:30am.  In the last 2 weeks she refuses to sleep in her crib.  She only wants us to hold her.  Since we just had a 3 day weekend I thought I would try the CIO method.  She cried until 4:30am :(  I couldn't take it anymore and took her to bed with me.  Now, obviously I know I was wrong however I didn't know what else to do.  I was so moody and my head was pounding.  Last night I did get her to fall asleep in her crib but when my husband coughed it woke her up and she wouldn't go back in.

What do I do? Please help.

DSC_2051 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sleep regression- 7 months =(

• Options
    I don't know what I would do, that sounds awful!!! I'm so sorry :( If I had to guess though, I would say that there is something disrupting her possibly teething? If she's been in her crib since day one, chances are this is just a stage, and will most likely pass. But it's hard in the meantime! I know that after just 1 bad night if there is any sign of similar shenanigans the next night I start freaking out that she is reverting, but habits are hard to break, good and bad. she is in a good habit, so I would say try addressing different things you think might be bothering her or throwing her off.

But in the end remember, if you're not getting sleep and feel like crap that is no good, if you have to bring her to bed to get sleep that is ok. You have to feel good if you have any hope of getting her back to normal, and you just gotta do what ya gotta do sometimes. GL
    eliza bopple
    Eliza born 1-25-12
    Baby 2 EDD 7-18-14
  • Options

My DD was never a good sleeper until we did CIO which was maybe 2 months ago or so and she was a different baby. And she only cried for a little bit the first night and slept like a champ since. Last week things started going downhill and I thought she was going back to her old habits. Turns out she's teething. She still wants to be held all the time and CIO does NOT work right now, nor would I let her knowing she's in pain. So I have to hold her but once she's out she's mostly good for the night. With your DD being so good and in the crib since day one, like PP said, it's just a phase, most likely teething, and it is only temporary. For now, do what you have to, even if it means she's sleeping in bed with you. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel your pain. DS goes through phases of sleep regression. He had a rough patch at 4.5 months and again now. I have to bounce him and shush in his ear like when he was a newborn! We bed share so I can't offer advice in the crib department.  It seems as if it gets better after a tooth pops through or after he mastered something new. Right now he is trying to go from army crawling to the real deal. I'm hoping that's what's causing this regression and that it will soon pass. Good luck :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

I feel your pain! My babies were sleeping in their rooms in RNP until they were 7 months old and then we switched to the crib. I have twins and my daughter transitioned fine, she sleeps all night until 5:30 no problems. My son wants to be with us and has been in our bed for 1 month but nobody is sleeping not to mention that my husband and I have 0 alone time. We started CIO last night, it was miserable! He slept from 8:30 til 12:18 and then cried and woke right back up until 4:00 when my husband went in a patted him until he went to sleep and the he was back up at 6:30, I wish there was an easy answer. I won't even mention that this of course wakes my daughter so she is crying too! UGH

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageGAbride2006:

I feel your pain! My babies were sleeping in their rooms in RNP until they were 7 months old and then we switched to the crib. I have twins and my daughter transitioned fine, she sleeps all night until 5:30 no problems. My son wants to be with us and has been in our bed for 1 month but nobody is sleeping not to mention that my husband and I have 0 alone time. We started CIO last night, it was miserable! He slept from 8:30 til 12:18 and then cried and woke right back up until 4:00 when my husband went in a patted him until he went to sleep and the he was back up at 6:30, I wish there was an easy answer. I won't even mention that this of course wakes my daughter so she is crying too! UGH

I can't imagine doing it with 2!!!  I'm so tired!!!!!!!!!!

DSC_2051 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"