Food Allergy

Elimination Diet Day 1

Meal 1 consisted of 2 bites of bacon, chicken breast, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. 

That avoids all of the top 8 allergens as far as I can tell. Am I wrong?

He had hives before he was done eating. Should I operate under the assumption that it is preservatives in the bacon?  

Prudence
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Otis
 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Elimination Diet Day 1

• Did you read the label on the bacon? A lot of bacon contains milk protein (casein). Applegate Farms bacon is casein and dairy free. 
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • My pedi gi said top 8 free and stick to chicken and turkey... I would suspect the bacon.  I would also read the label for your chicken because they can have soy as well.

How did you cook the chicken and veggies? The Pam we have has soy in it so we are on ev olive oil.   

We are on day 11 and are just staring to see things clear up, hang in there! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I have food allergies and I'm very allergic to bacon.  For many reasons, but they have preservative, nitrates and phosphates also the meat would depend on what you put on it.  I'm really sensitive to any oils (I use coconut and or rice bran oil....I can't cook with olive anymore).  Also the type of chicken or turkey, is it a rotisserie or anything that processed?  And if you put anything on the veggies like butter....that would be problematic for me.  Instead of elimination I would try allergy free food which are whole foods and usually require cooking everything from scratch :( 

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"