November 2012 Moms
Options

Let's talk DH duties.....

Mine has one he must do while I'm pg....Change the cat litter. I bought the stuff so just do it!!!! It's gross and it's driving me crazy! Change the *** already!!! Seriously this is all he has to do.......:I clean laundry cook oh I think I'm pg too....step up buddy!!! What are your DH's duties right now

Re: Let's talk DH duties.....

• Options
    Mainly he has to pick up the things I drop on the floor.  Embarrassed
  • Options

Nothing has changed. 

He still cooks and cleans and plays with LO. I still cook and clean and take care of LO.

Although...! I did tell him that after baby comes he will have to give DD her baths! He objected, but I'm not sure I'll be able to do it, it'll be too hard to get down that low! Lol 

oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We bought a Cat Genie when I was first pregnant with DD1, because I KNEW that he would slack. It was an expensive purchase, but has now paid for itself, because you only need a cartridge every other month or so, and a box of litter will last almost a year. 

Ok, my DH's duties:

1. We've hired a cleaning lady to come every other Friday... he pays for that

2. He does all laundry (that does not include putting it away. He's a man and doesn't know where ANYTHING goes, esp. DD1's things)

3. If I cook and it's my turn to feed DD1, he has to do the dishes

4. He is responsible for all garbage and recycling

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our first family photo!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1. Yard work
    2. Put out trash/recycling once a week
    3. Carry laundry downstairs when I ask
    4. I cook, he cleans

Really he's been pretty fantastic. I did get a little upset last night when I found a very nice hand towel ruined by bleach because he was too lazy to move it from the sink when he dumped mop water.

ETA: 5. Cat boxes
  • Options
    Mine has been doing pretty much everything. He's always done dishes and laundry (I do them too, but he's really good about it.) And now he does practically everything since I have a hard time walking. He's been wonderful and doesn't even complain.
    imageimage imageimage
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Mine slacks on the litter boxes, too, and I have to get on him.  His others are yardwork, taking out the trash, and he mostly does his own laundry.  I cook because he really doesn't have a clue, so he helps with the dishes.  
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married: 05/31/2008
    DS: 11/06/2012 at 38w 1d
    M/C: 06/11/2015
    DD: 06/14/2016 at 37w 3d
  • Options
    We generally share the household duties, but the one thing he has always done is take out the trash and recycling. I Always clean the bathroom in exchange. Since I've been pregnant, he has picked up a lot more than his share of stuff to get done, but now that I've stopped working I'm back to doing my share, and he seems a lot less stressed :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We got the cat genie too but about 2 years ago; we love it!

He's been so wonderful though, trash out, mows yard, does dishes, cooks when I don't feel like it, puts baby's things together, spends time with me and my family, manger full time at his work, helps me paint the house, and still makes time to run and play his video games ;] lol
  • Options
    He takes the trash out and unless he isn't home, he takes the dogs out too. Our 65 lb bulldog gets stubborn and I can't wrestle her into/out of the house anymore. Other than that, he pitches with anything but I have to ask specifically. Otherwise he doesn't get it.
  • Options
    1. Yardwork
    2. We trade on and off for cooking
    3. Cat box. My husband didn't believe me he needs to clean it out daily or every other day at most (we have 2 cats and 2 boxes). He failed and the cat peed on the floor. He has learned his lesson. 
    4. He's always...I mean always working on some kind of project around the house. 

• Options
    Nothing specifically has changed but he does play outside with DS more then I have lately its hot and I've been exhausted after work DH is a teacher and was home all summer so he could take it easy during the day!
    JHB 1/19/09
    Baby girl due 11/22/12!
  • Options

I stopped fighting this battle with him years ago.  It caused stupid arguments and I got so tired of being mad about cleaning duties.  So, I hired a cleaning lady.  She and her crew come every Friday.  They clean my house floor to ceiling, take care of the dishes and any laundry needing done.  It is by far the best money I spend on a weekly basis - and guess what...my husband and I haven't fought about cleaning in 5 years  :-)

Edit:  We live in the mountains.  Our landscaping is natural, so there is no upkeep.  We have someone come clean the windows and gutters every 6 months, and spray down the house. 

• Options
    My DH does the cat's litter box and usually takes out the trash on trash day...but he tends to forget that one. Otherwise I do all the cooking, cleaning, laundry, dishes, etc. throughout the week. Usually by Saturday or Sunday I get cranky and tired so he does it over the weekend. He switches laundry over and stuff and is willing to do more...I'm just a control freak and when he's home he's working on the yard or remodeling our house so I feel like it's the least I can do.
  • Options
    Compared to you ladies my DH is getting off easy!!!! I better leave a honey do list while I'm gone at my hair appt!! Lol! I love him though.....if I ask he'll do stuff but slack just easier for me to do it than wait for him
  • Options

He's still on food duty - shopping/cooking/planning is his big thing. Though we're briefly without kitchen, so it's "get the kitchen finished so we can get back to cooking".

The only thing he's had to take over is hauling things up and down stairs. I just can't balance as well carrying things anymore, so the laundry needs to get hauled by someone else.  I've been doing some decluttering and cleaning, and he needs to haul the garbage, too.

• Options
    Mine does just about everything! We share cooking, but he tidies up and does laundry, dishes, garbage, cat litter and so on. We have a cleaning lady, so no worries there. He also brings me my coffee in bed every morning. My husband is the magical unicorn of husbands. 
  • Options

Our situation is kind of "different". MH found out he got a second full time job exactly two days after we got the BFP. So he works every.single.day. (Weekends from 5AM to 5:30PM and weekdays 9AM-7PM)... So, IMO, both of our worlds changed drastically around the same time. He's just as tired as I am most of the time. Since I have had a fairly easy pregnancy, I feel like I should be doing just as many chores as he.

Before he got the second job, he did ALL of the housework, quite frankly, I was spoiled. But now, we both just do what we can, when we can. The only plus side, I guess, is that he's rarely home so if there is a mess, it's usually mine.

I get two days off a week and I do all the laundry and dishes those two days... sweeping and other miscellaneous chores get done randomly throughout the week. We share the job of letting our dogs outside. He takes out the trash and recycling, and sometimes I'll carry the bins back up to the house after they're emptied. I do one big shopping trip once every week and a half or so, and if we happen to need something between that trip, he will pick it up at the store.

I guess chores were never specifically divided among the two of us and we are both very relaxed on the subject. If something is bothering either of us, we aren't afraid to speak up nicely about it: "Lover butt, see the trash? See how it's overflowing?"

Or "Hey babe... when you decide you're not going to wear something, don't you think it'd be better if you hung it back up??"

Annnnyway, I'm "behind" now because he just took a week long vacation and completely knocked out the nursery and other random projects around the house....soooo, if anyone is slacking, it's me. Sad I figure, I've only got a couple more weeks to get anything done... and that time frame is narrowing fast as I start to get more and more uncomfortable.

• Options
    All I've asked of my husband is that he change the kitty litter, do dishes, and vacuum. Otherwise, I try to do the rest myself. I don't wanna bother him, even though I know it's really not a big deal to do so, because he's still working full time, and I'm not working at all anymore right now, so I feel guilty making him do a lot...
  • Options
    He pays the house bills and takes out trash and in exchange I clean and buy the majority of the groceries. Since I've been pregnant, he has really started helping with laundry more, and is getting better about picking up after himself. Even though it isn't up to my nesting standards lol. He tends to slack but he works more than I do too. Sometimes he surprises me and has a whole bunch of things done without me even asking. Once LO gets here he is going to be completely sucked into baby world. He is def gonna' be a very involved dad :) It makes my heart smile :)

• Options
    We have teen agers so DHs only things are going to the dump every other week.  He also takes over for LO when he gets home.  The teens do all the other basic stuff.  Oh DH carries the laundry out to the laundry room and brings it back in the evening.  I will not let him do the laundry because I am a freak about how it should be folded and put away.
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagesadsadie:
    Mine does just about everything! We share cooking, but he tidies up and does laundry, dishes, garbage, cat litter and so on. We have a cleaning lady, so no worries there. He also brings me my coffee in bed every morning. My husband is the magical unicorn of husbands. 

The "magical" husband magically kidnaps his wife's account in The Bump and adds: "I bring her French toasts in bed, too!" 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"