November 2012 Moms

Not hungry?

Is anyone else never really hungry? I get sick feeling a lot more now than I did when I was first pregnant and I used to be hungry really often but now I am hungry a lot less often still forced self to eat something for baby's sake... just wondering if anyone else is going through that and if it's normal?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Not hungry?

• I've been experiencing this at some meals for the past week... Sometimes I'm starving, but like at dinner tonight, I had to force myself to eat anything.  At lunch yesterday, nothing sounded good, so I ate cereal.  I feel a little more queasy, too. :(  I told my OB I feel like I'm back in the 1st tri but with a waddle and stretch marks. ;)
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married: 05/31/2008
    DS: 11/06/2012 at 38w 1d
    M/C: 06/11/2015
    DD: 06/14/2016 at 37w 3d
  • I had about two weeks of this and basically was force-feeding myself to make sure I got adequate calories and was gaining a little bit of weight during that time.  Fortunately, my hunger has returned this week. 

It stressed me out because it takes me about 3500 calories/day to gain .75-1 lb./week, and on some days I was only eating about 1400 before being totally full and uninterested in food.  It didn't seem logical that my body would figure it out on its own... and I was unwilling to lose weight during that period of time while I was waiting to get back on track.  Instead I supplemented heavily with 100% fruit juice and additional healthy fats (avocado, olive oil, almond butter) wherever I could.  

I, too, have had a return to nausea.  It hasn't helped things, but I didn't give in, either.  

• Loading the player...
  • I haven't felt hungry this entire pregnancy. I can feel when it's time to eat though, because I start lagging behind and lose all energy. It's the weirdest feeling not getting hunger pangs from your stomach, but having to rely on other body cues to tell you when to eat. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our first family photo!

• Thank you! Feels better knowing others are experiencing this :
  • I don't think I'm not hungry, I think I don't want to eat anything. Like, my body sends me the hunger signals, but pretty often there is nothing that sounds like something I want to put in my mouth, and then I get that sick feeling...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My body feels hungry, but my mind doesn't want anything to do with food. I'm having a really hard time making sure I eat enough, actually, because I just don't wanna bother with it. Food and eating just haven't been appealing at all to me through this whole pregnancy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes to all of this.  Generally don't get hungry; nothing sounds appealling; forcing myself to at least eat a bowl of cereal.

It is so weird for me since usually I have a good appetite and the first tri I was ravenous!

A little worried that I'm not getting a good mix of fruits and veggies right now but trying to comfort myself that at least I'm getting lots of calcium since dairy products are generally something I can get down.

The massive heartburn doesn't help with all this either ... 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagerosebuddie618:

Yes to all of this.  Generally don't get hungry; nothing sounds appealling; forcing myself to at least eat a bowl of cereal.

It is so weird for me since usually I have a good appetite and the first tri I was ravenous!

A little worried that I'm not getting a good mix of fruits and veggies right now but trying to comfort myself that at least I'm getting lots of calcium since dairy products are generally something I can get down.

The massive heartburn doesn't help with all this either ... 

This is me exactly. It's a rare occurrence when I'm actually hungry. So when I am, I try to take advantage of it. I'm still down about 2 or 3 pounds from pre-pregnancy. My weight has been holding steady within a couple pounds since 14 weeks. 

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"