3rd Trimester
Options

(Untitled)

Re: (Untitled)

• Options
    I wouldn't freak too much about the "new" due date information.  They're going on the size of your baby based on an average so it sounds like maybe you've got a slightly smaller baby than average.  However, if your original due date was 3 days ago and was based on an early ultrasound, you could still truly have another week and half or so to go.  I went to almost 42 weeks with my son and I know my due date was correct.  He was just crazy stubborn!
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options

imageAngelzkisses:
    Sex!!!! Seaman naturally softens the cervix....you can even try masturbation, the contractions from orgasms will also help stimulate the uterus to start to contract possibly causing your cervix to dilate.  There are other natural remedies, but I apologize I can't think of any right now.

This! My dr. Told us to be sure to keep doing it lol  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

with my 1st child, my son, I went to 41 weeks 13 days and was induced due to my placenta degrading.   I also had no dialation and never felt a contraction of any sort until that time (not even a BH) .

I was "really" late (ie- it was not that my due date was just wrong)-- as I am an older mom and was seeing a peri at time I got pregnant and had a dating ultrasound at 5 weeks and was both charting and on clomid.  

Some kids really just stay in the womb for 42 weeks or even more.   My body was not ready at 1 day short of 42 weeks.  Had my NSTs not started to show distress, I would not have allowed an induction.  While it was a very long process-- that involved being maxed on pitcocin twice with no contractions, having water broken, a foley catheter being used to dialate, etc--- I did successful have a vaginal birth which was my goal.

• Options

I was induced at 41w (due to low fluid) and was told at my 40w AND 41w appointments that I was not dilated or effaced at all. Not even a tiny bit. The induction wasn't fun (because they're not generally) but the midwife told me that my body was more prepared for labor than what the doctor's originally told me because the induction went fairly fast and easily. I went on to have a vaginal birth and everything was fine. Doctors can only tell you so much.

Hang in there, not long to go now!!! 

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes. With DD I went from 0-10 within a day. I also didn't lose my mucous plug last pregnancy either. She came when she was ready. GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Try lots of sex, kickstarted my dialation.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    This kinda freaks me out because I have a fear this is soon to be my story. I haven't hit my "due date" but it is coming up in 3 days. I know due dates are guesstimations and are not 100% accurate. I am not dilated, not effaced, no contractions baby hasn't dropped. I guess she likes it in there. I asked my doctor if there was ANYTHING I could do to get the ball rolling and she said no. :( She said yes sex, nipple stimulation, walking, etc, all will work IF you are already dilated. Sorry This probably isn't helping...but know that your LO will come when he or she is ready and everything happens for a reason (at least that is what I tell myself when I get all worried or discouraged about it). :) Good Luck!!
  • Options
    My midwife told us that a woman can actually be in gestation up to 42 weeks or more, so you're not technically "late"...she also said that nipple stimulation causes contraction and sex helps to speed things up because the sperm has a chemical that softens the cervix...go have some fun sexy time Big Smile

mom to Clara Violet born Nov 2012 / expecting baby #2 in March 2016

• Options
    I tried all the things that are supposedly supposed to help jumpstart labor but none of them worked. DS was about a week and a half past due and I didn't even start to dilate until I had been in labor for about 15 hours. It's cliche and annoying, but they come when they're ready.
    imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"